“The Ghost of Frankenstein” quotes(1942)
All actors – Lon Chaney Jr., Cedric Hardwicke, Ralph Bellamy, Lionel Atwill, Bela Lugosi, Evelyn Ankers, Janet Ann Gallow, Barton Yarborough, Doris Lloyd, Leyland Hodgson, Olaf Hytten, Holmes Herbertshow all
“The Ghost of Frankenstein” Quotes 14 quotes
“- Ygor: You cannot take my friend away from me. He's all that I have. Nothing else. You're going to make him your friend and I'll be alone.
- Ludwig Frankenstein: It will be as I say or he must be destroyed.”
“- Chief Constable: He seems to recognize you, Doctor.
- Ludwig Frankenstein: I never saw this... man before in my life. I know nothing about him.”
“I should kill you, Frankenstein. But after all, your father gave me life and you gave me a brain.”
“- Ygor: You're going to help him Doctor? You are giving him life?
- Ludwig Frankenstein: Yes but not for the purposes that you think Ygor. I'm giving him strength so that an operation may be successful.
- Ygor: An operation?
- Ludwig Frankenstein: Yes. I'm giving him another brain.”
“Better death... than a life like this.”
“I have replaced an evil brain with a good one. I have made amends for the great tragedies my father and my brother unintentionally brought to this community. I have restored the good name of Frankenstein.”
“- Ygor: You can make us one. We'll be together always. My brain and his body. Together.
- Ludwig Frankenstein: You're a cunning fellow Ygor. Do you think I would put your sly and sinister brain into the body of a giant? That would be a monster indeed. You will do as I tell you or I will not be responsible for the consequences.”
“- Ygor: Whose brain?
- Ludwig Frankenstein: Kettering. A man of character and learning. The monster will cease to be an evil influence and become everything that is good.”
“- Ludwig Frankenstein: Your dream of power is over, Bohmer. You didn't realize his blood is the same type as Kettering's, but not the same as Ygor's. It will not feed the sensory nerves.
- The Monster: Bohmer! You played me a trick! What good is a brain without eyes to see? What good is a brain without eyes?”
“The lightning. It is good for you! Your father was Frankenstein, but your mother was the lightning!”