Superstition quotes38 superstition quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I came for science. I'm leaving 'cause of witches. Welcome to the new dark ages!”
“There are some things I know for certain: always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can.”
“- Brody: For nearly three thousand years man has been searching for the lost Ark. It's not something to be taken lightly. No one knows its secrets. It's like nothing you've ever gone after before.
- Indiana Jones: Oh, Marcus. What are you trying to do, scare me? You sound like my mother. We've known each other for a long time. I don't believe in...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I've been cursed since the day I was born.”
“Ever since she was buried, Raven's Fair has been plagued by death. Families murdered. They were found without their tongues.”
“I knew it in my heart. You can buck the system but you can't buck the dark forces that lie hidden beneath the surface. The ones some people call superstitions.”
“Ghosts are real, this much I know. There are things that tie them to a place, very much like they do to us. Some remain tethered to a patch of land, a time and date, the spilling of blood, a terrible crime.”
“- Interviewee: I don't believe in witches and airy-fairy stuff like that.
- Heather Donahue: Are you a religious man, Sir?
- Interviewee: Yes.
- Heather Donahue: Alrighty...”
“You're not leaving here. You stay, you satisfy the darkness.”
“Bonehead, just because his totem is wisdom doesn't mean he's wise. I mean, look at him.”
“We must not look to superstition in these matters, the Devil is precise.”
“- Brody: An Egyptian pharaon...
- Indiana Jones: Shishak.
- Brody: Yes, invaded the city of Jerusalem round about 980 B.C., and he may have take the Ark back to the city of Tanis and hidden it in a secret chamber called The Well of Souls. However, about a year after the pharaoh had returned to Egypt, the city of Tanis was consumed by the desert...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Charlie: You see it?
- Mike Lawford: See what Charlie?
- Charlie: At the window.”
“A long, long time ago, it was a night of great power. When the days grew short, the spirits of the dead, returned to their homes to warm themselves by the fire's side. All across the land, huge bonfires were lit. Ohhh, there was a marvelous celebration. People danced, and they played games, and they dressed up in costumes, hoping to ward off the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Margo Green: And what does this God specialize in?
- Dr. Albert Frock: South American tribe, the Zenzera, long thought to be extinct. They made a deal with Satan to vanquish their enemies. So Kothoga was born, son of Satan. You have that look again, Margo.
- Dr. Margo Green: Why do we keep financing John Whitney's expeditions? As if...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Marilyn Lovell: Naturally, it's 13. Why 13?
- Jim Lovell: It comes after 12, hon.”
“- Lotterman: What do you know about horoscopes?
- Kemp: Nothing.
- Lotterman: Ah, well, if I can write one, you can.”
“Fighting against superstition is as hard as fighting against Satan himself.”
“Five days old she got the Jaundice. Five weeks old she got an ear infection. Five months old she was kidnapped. Five years old? I'm not lighting any fires, thank you.”