Superstition quotes38 superstition quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Spider-Man: Far from Home
“I came for science. I'm leaving 'cause of witches. Welcome to the new dark ages!”
- From the movie: Practical Magic
“There are some things I know for certain: always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can.”
“- Brody: For nearly three thousand years man has been searching for the lost Ark. It's not something to be taken lightly. No one knows its secrets. It's like nothing you've ever gone after before.
- Indiana Jones: Oh, Marcus. What are you trying to do, scare me? You sound like my mother. We've known each other for a long time. I don't believe in...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: The Bicycle Thief
“I've been cursed since the day I was born.”
- From the movie: Dead Silence
“Ever since she was buried, Raven's Fair has been plagued by death. Families murdered. They were found without their tongues.”
- From the movie: Drugstore Cowboy
“I knew it in my heart. You can buck the system but you can't buck the dark forces that lie hidden beneath the surface. The ones some people call superstitions.”
- From the movie: Crimson Peak
“Ghosts are real, this much I know. There are things that tie them to a place, very much like they do to us. Some remain tethered to a patch of land, a time and date, the spilling of blood, a terrible crime.”
- From the movie: The Blair Witch Project
“- Interviewee: I don't believe in witches and airy-fairy stuff like that.
- Heather Donahue: Are you a religious man, Sir?
- Interviewee: Yes.
- Heather Donahue: Alrighty...”
- From the movie: We Are Still Here
“You're not leaving here. You stay, you satisfy the darkness.”
- From the movie: Brother Bear
“Bonehead, just because his totem is wisdom doesn't mean he's wise. I mean, look at him.”
- La trovi in Actors in real life
“My mother was Irish and she was superstitious, if you'll forgive the tautology.”
- From the movie: The Crucible
“We must not look to superstition in these matters, the Devil is precise.”
- From the movie: The VVitch: A New-England Folktale
- From the movie: In The Heart Of The Sea
“- Brody: An Egyptian pharaon...
- Indiana Jones: Shishak.
- Brody: Yes, invaded the city of Jerusalem round about 980 B.C., and he may have take the Ark back to the city of Tanis and hidden it in a secret chamber called The Well of Souls. However, about a year after the pharaoh had returned to Egypt, the city of Tanis was consumed by the desert...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Pay the Ghost
“- Charlie: You see it?
- Mike Lawford: See what Charlie?
- Charlie: At the window.”
- From the movie: Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
“A long, long time ago, it was a night of great power. When the days grew short, the spirits of the dead, returned to their homes to warm themselves by the fire's side. All across the land, huge bonfires were lit. Ohhh, there was a marvelous celebration. People danced, and they played games, and they dressed up in costumes, hoping to ward off the...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: The Relic
“- Dr. Margo Green: And what does this God specialize in?
- Dr. Albert Frock: South American tribe, the Zenzera, long thought to be extinct. They made a deal with Satan to vanquish their enemies. So Kothoga was born, son of Satan. You have that look again, Margo.
- Dr. Margo Green: Why do we keep financing John Whitney's expeditions? As if...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Apollo 13
“- Marilyn Lovell: Naturally, it's 13. Why 13?
- Jim Lovell: It comes after 12, hon.”
- From the movie: Finding Forrester
- From the movie: The Watcher in the Woods
- From the movie: The Rum Diary
“- Lotterman: What do you know about horoscopes?
- Kemp: Nothing.
- Lotterman: Ah, well, if I can write one, you can.”
- From the movie: Eight Men Out
- From the movie: The Wolf Man
“Fighting against superstition is as hard as fighting against Satan himself.”
- From the movie: Where the Heart Is
“Five days old she got the Jaundice. Five weeks old she got an ear infection. Five months old she was kidnapped. Five years old? I'm not lighting any fires, thank you.”