Béla Lugosi quotes
“To win a woman, take her with you to see Dracula.”
“- Ygor: You cannot take my friend away from me. He's all that I have. Nothing else. You're going to make him your friend and I'll be alone.
- Ludwig Frankenstein: It will be as I say or he must be destroyed.”
“In Hungary, acting is a profession. In America, it is a decision.”
“To portray a maniac offers a compelling challenge.”
“If my accent betrayed my foreign birth, it also stamped me as an enemy, in the imagination of the producers.”
“Actors were exploited no less by the capitalist managers than they were by the state.”
“Every actor is somewhat mad, or else he'd be a plumber or a bookkeeper or a salesman.”
“I have never met a vampire personally, but I don't know what might happen tomorrow.”
“The Spirit of Evil is trying to enter this room, but have no fear, the fires of death will guard us.”
“This is place of the dead. We're all dead here.”
“Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make.”
“- Ygor: You're going to help him Doctor? You are giving him life?
- Ludwig Frankenstein: Yes but not for the purposes that you think Ygor. I'm giving him strength so that an operation may be successful.
- Ygor: An operation?
- Ludwig Frankenstein: Yes. I'm giving him another brain.”
“Better death... than a life like this.”
“- Ygor: You can make us one. We'll be together always. My brain and his body. Together.
- Ludwig Frankenstein: You're a cunning fellow Ygor. Do you think I would put your sly and sinister brain into the body of a giant? That would be a monster indeed. You will do as I tell you or I will not be responsible for the consequences.”
“Presently I shall assume a state of trance, in which the outer mind merges with the astral portion of the human ego.”
“- Ygor: Whose brain?
- Ludwig Frankenstein: Kettering. A man of character and learning. The monster will cease to be an evil influence and become everything that is good.”
“Your will is strong, Van Helsing.”
“- Count Dracula: To die, to be really dead, that must be glorious!
- Mina: Why, Count Dracula?
- Count Dracula: There are far worse things awaiting men than death.”
“The lightning. It is good for you! Your father was Frankenstein, but your mother was the lightning!”