“Tough Guys” quotes(1986)
Plot – Gangsters Archie Long and Harry Doyle are released from prison after thirty years. They robbed the Gold Coast Flyer train. After so many years, the society has changed and the bars where they used to spend their time no longer exist. Their friends are all disappeared, so they decide to rob the Gold Coast Flyer again as the train is about to retire and is going to live his last travel. Archie and Harry are joined by Leon, a killer who tried to murder them thirty years ago, and the social worker who should control them. The group is pursued by the police. They drive the train at full speed, but when they enter Mexico they are forced to surrender to the local police.
All actors – Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Charles Durning, Alexis Smith, Dana Carvey, Darlanne Fluegel, Eli Wallach, Monty Ash, Billy Barty, Simmy Bow, Darlene Conley, Nathan Davisshow all
“Tough Guys” Quotes 15 quotes
“- Harry Doyle: You quit?
- Archie Long: Couldn't take it anymore. People treating me like dirt ever since I got out of jail. Sweeping out toilets, scraping crud off dishes, my girlfriend tryin' to kill me with sex - and I'm dressing like Bozo the Clown, just to fit in! I don't want to fit in anymore.
- Harry Doyle: That makes two of us.”
“- Harry Doyle: I ain't goin' to your funeral!
- Archie Long: You ain't invited!”
“- Richie Evans: I got a call from the rest home today. She said that you were being a disruptive influence during lunch. That you refused to eat your spinach soufflé, and that you caused a riot. And that last night you made love to a woman.
- Harry Doyle: Do you make love to women, Richie?
- Richie Evans: Well, yes. Of course I do.
- Harry Doyle...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Archie Long: We could take down the flier!
- Harry Doyle: The Gold Coast Flier? That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard!
- Archie Long: That's what you said about the armored truck.
- Harry Doyle: No, I said the armored truck was dumb. This is stupid.”
“- Harry Doyle: The last time we were 30 years younger and we got caught. We were put away for 30 years!
- Archie Long: Now we're 30 years smarter. We woun't make the same mistakes.
- Harry Doyle: That's right. Because we ain't gonna do it.”
“- Leon B. Little: I wanna get a hundred of those coppers.
- Harry Doyle: There's only fifty Leon.
- Leon B. Little: So? I'll shoot 'em all twice!”
“I don't know how old you are, but you ain't getting any older.”
“- Derek: Our colors are cherry, peach, lime, olive, and avocado.
- Archie Long: I don't want to eat the suit, I just want to wear it.”
“Surrender's for wimps! I vote we die!”
“- Belle: I warn you, I know karate!
- Leon B. Little: I warn you, I know Winchester!”
“- Archie Long: I'm tellin' ya, Harry...
- Harry Doyle: I know, I know. We could have got away with it.
- Archie Long: Did I say that before?
- Harry Doyle: Every day for thirty years.”
“- Archie Long: I never thought the great Harry Doyle would turn into a gutless wimp!
- Harry Doyle: Keep it up Arch, I'll put another hole in that chin of yours!”
“- Harry Doyle: I never met so many stupid people in one day.
- Archie Long: Ugly too.”