Eli Wallach quotes
“Everyone thinks acting is easy. It's far from easy, but it's the most gratifying thing I do.”
“- Cacopoulos: Wait a minute, wait a minute! Fifteen years, I've dreamed of this moment. Fifteen years! Every night. Every night!
- Cat Stevens: And so?
- Cacopoulos: There's always music. The music of violins. A slow, sweet... waltz. I want music!”
“Money corrupts men, it softens him. So to keep you young and pure, I think I'll take everything.”
“There's only one kind of peace I know of, Marshal. That's the kind my brother's got.”
“Mrs. Meighan, I'm a Sicilian! You know, we're a very old race of people, an ancient race, and ancient races aren't trustful races by nature.”
“- Silva Vacarro: You're a very delicate woman, Mrs. Meighan.
- Baby Doll: Delicate? Me?
- Silva Vacarro: There isn't much of you; but, what there is - is choice. Delectable, I might say.”
“- Baby Doll: Sometimes I don't know where to go or what to do.
- Silva Vacarro: Well, that's not uncommon. People enter this world without instruction.”
“I must accept my age, and grow my olives and tomatoes.”
“I've never lost my appetite for acting; it's innovative and challenging.”
“- Leon B. Little: I wanna get a hundred of those coppers.
- Harry Doyle: There's only fifty Leon.
- Leon B. Little: So? I'll shoot 'em all twice!”
“- Dr. Herbert A. Morrison: Would you like a cup of coffee?
- Claudia Draper: Not unless there's Thorazine in it.
- Dr. Herbert A. Morrison: Sorry, only milk and sugar.
- Claudia Draper: Pass.”
“In the movies we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend.”
“- Don Altobello: Treachery is everywhere.
- Michael Corleone: You still have your fingers on the strings, even now.”
“Surrender's for wimps! I vote we die!”
“The richest man is the one with the most powerful friends.”