Vegetables quotes20 vegetables quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“It doesn't matter if you think you're not ripe! This is Rabbit's garden, and Rabbit does his harvesting by the book!”
“Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain 'je ne sais quoi' oh so very special about a firm, young carrot.”
“- Jonathan Mardukas: You ever had lyonnaise potatoes? They are these types of potatoes that are sautéed but then they have this onion thing added to them, and they are really, really delicious. They work well with any, uh, chicken or pork dish. You know I could set you up with lyonnaise potatoes for the rest of your life.
- Jack Walsh: Why don't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Monty: You're going to finish the vegetables.
- Withnail: I don't know how to do them.
- Monty: Well, of course you don't, you are incapable of indulging in anything but pleasure, am I not right? You don't deserve such loyalty. Now, come along, I'm going to teach you how to peel a potato.”
“- William Thacker: What exactly is a fruitarian?
- Keziah: We believe that fruits and vegetables have feelings, so we think cooking is cruel. We only eat things that have already fallen off a tree or bush, that are, in fact, dead already.
- William Thacker: Oh, all right. Interesting stuff. So, these carrots...
- Keziah: Have been murdered, yes.”
“- Katie Cox: Do you think that's enough carrots?
- Harry Pfarrer: What?
- Katie Cox: For the salad?
- Harry Pfarrer: You know you really are a negative person.
- Katie Cox: What?
- Harry Pfarrer: Yeah. I've tried to ignore it. To remain upbeat. You just can't help dragging everything down.”
“- Jeff Dunham: [softly, to Peanut about José Jalapeño] You were supposed to have taken him to the spa.
- Peanut: [whispering] I took him to the spa!
- José Jalapeño: He put me in the vegetable steamer.”
- Gwen Cromwell Piper: I'm just trying to protect you.
- Marnie Piper: Yeah, you're protecting us from being anything but a bunch of vegetables. Hey look! I'm a potato, are you happy now? Maybe I'll put down some roots in the carpet. "Oh no Marnie, it's too dangerous!". There're things about vegetables that you don't understand.
"Eating greens is a special treat, it makes long ears and great big feet. But it sure is awful stuff to eat”. I made that last part up myself.
“That's the onions. It makes you eyes water.”
“I'm looking at all this food, I see all these vegetables, and I think, all these things came outta the ground. I see tomatoes, outta the ground, carrots, outta the ground, radishes outta the ground. And I think, all of these things come outta the ground. And I'm just talkin' about the vegetables, I haven't gotten to the fruits yet. And I think,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You'll never be a vegetable, even artichokes have hearts.”
“- Randy: Where do you work?
- Julie Richman: At my parents' store.
- Randy: What do they sell?
- Julie Richman: Health foods.
- Randy: That's cool.
- Julie Richman: Like, it's not cool at all! Like, it's all this stuff that tastes like nothing and it's supposed to be so good for you. Why couldn't they, like, open a Pizza Hut or something?”