“- Bob: Okay Ruth, I'll give you a few days, then you've got to come back for the kids. Where can I reach you?
- Ruth Patchett: I'm not coming back, Bob, they'll have a much better life here with you.
- Bob: Wait a minute, Ruth, where're you going?
- Ruth Patchett: I don't know, Bob, into my future I guess.”
“Once upon a time, I had a home on the range. But not anymore. It's no use cryin' over spilled milk.”
“You are a mature and vibrant woman, and don't you let anybody tell you anything different.”
“- Hooper: What is going on here?
- Ruth Patchett: Oh, isn't it wonderful?
- Hooper: I know what you've been doing! The vitamins, the workouts, it's against the rules! I'm going to report you to Mrs. Trumper and then you'll be sorry.
- Ruth Patchett: Oh I don't think so, I have been sorry my whole life and by the looks of it, so have you, so you...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Some women are born beautiful. They make it look easy. But most women have to put a little time and effort into their appearance, and then there are those of us who need all the help we can get, like me.”