John Goodman quotes
“You get a house with a 25 year roof, an indestructible Jap-economy shitbox, you put the rest into the system at three to five percent to pay your taxes and that's your base, get me? That's your fortress of fucking solitude.”
“- Pete Sandich: Love! Ain't what it used to be.
- Al Yackey: Oh there's only ever been two kinds: There's lash fires, which are all flame, burn themselves out and leave nothing. Then there's the long burning. That is nature's burn. Even when you think it's out, the forest floor is warm to the touch. That's the kind you and Dorinda got.
- Pete...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's no problem that can't be ignored if we really put our minds to it.”
“You magnificent pagan god!”
“- Pacha: Someday, you're gonna wind up all alone, and you'll have no one to blame but yourself.
- Kuzko: Thanks for that. I'll log that away.”
“- The Dude: You brought the fuckin' Pomeranian bowling?
- Walter Sobchak: What do you mean brought it bowling, Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a fucking beer. He's not taking your fucking turn, Dude.”
You know, when you were a baby in your crib, your father looked down at you, he had but one hope: "someday, my son will grow to be a man". Well look at you now; you just got your asses whipped, by a bunch of goddamn nerds.
“- Nick and Billy's Boss: You two were great salesmen. The best! But at the end of the day, you're grinders. Foot soldiers. We all know you'll never be generals. And I'm gonna say something harsh right now.
- Billy McMahon: Now you're gonna say something harsh?
- Nick and Billy's Boss: Strap it in, boys, 'cause it ain't pretty out there. And you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- First A.D.: He says the Minotaur prosthetic is too tight, so he can't act.
- John Chambers: If he could act, he wouldn't be playing the Minotaur.”
“Luckily, I saw this coming, cashed out my retirement, bought a condo in Miami Beach, new tits for the wife. Silicone. It's legal again.”
“The army may not care about art, but they sure as shit care about gold.”
“- Daytrader: You always resort to violence!
- Hound: I love violence!”
“Crazy is building your ark after the flood has already come.”
- Lester Siegel: We made history today. "History starts out as farce and ends up as tragedy".
- John Chambers: Quote's the other way around.
- Lester Siegel: Yeah? Who said it?
- John Chambers: Marx.
- Lester Siegel: Groucho said that?
“Mark my words. There'll never be a more screwed up time in Washington. But we can't let it stop us.”
“Captain James Conrad, commander of the air - commander of the sky.”
“- Sulley: I act scary, Mike. But most of the time, I'm terrified.
- Mike: How come you never told me that before?
- Sulley: Because we weren't friends before.”
“The public wants fresh meat, and the public is never wrong.”