“Whenever you're telling a story about true-life events and about real people, there's a tremendous responsibility-slash-burden to get it right.”
“I loved acting, and then acting led to writing, and writing led to directing.”
“- Bob Barnes: Intelligence work isn't training seminars and gold stars for attendance.
- Fred Franks: What do you think intelligence work is Bob?
- Bob Barnes: I think it's two people in a room and one of them's asking a favor that is a capital crime in every country on earth, a hanging crime.
- Fred Franks: No Bob, it's assessing the...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Maybe there's no such thing as heroes. Heroes are something we create, something we need. It's a way for us to understand what's almost incomprehensible, how people could sacrifice so much for us: the risks they took, the wounds they suffered. They may have fought for their country but they died for their friends.”
“- Jack Byrnes: Greg's in medicine too.
- Dr. Bob Banks: What field?
- Greg Focker: Nursing.
- Dr. Bob Banks: Ha ha ha ha. No, really, what field are you in?
- Greg Focker: Nursing.”