Matt Damon quotes
“Every drink of liquor you take kills a thousand brain cells. Now that doesn't much matter 'cause we got billions more. And first the sadness cells die so you smile real big. And then the quiet cells go so you just say everything real loud for no reason at all. That’s ok, that's ok because the stupid cells go next, so everything you say is real...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm left with only one option, I'm gonna have to science the shit out of this.”
“The sound of the gunshot was very different from the sound of the fireworks and even at six years old I knew that was a big, big difference. And there was a lot of blood. And in his left hand he held a note that was sealed. I don't know why, but I took the note and I put it in my pocket. I always said it was an accident. It wasn't an accident....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Get your money in when you have the best of it. Protect it when you don't.”
“In my first year of law school everybody loved everybody else, because we were all studying the law, and the law was a noble thing. By my third year you were lucky if you weren't murdered in your sleep. People stole exams, hid research materials from the library, and lied to the professors. Such is the nature of the profession.”
“- Will Hunting: The sad thing about a guy like you is, in 50 years you're gonna start doing some thinking on your own and you're going to come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life: one, don't do that, and two, you dropped 150 grand on a fucking education you could have got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Sean Maguire: One night her fart was so loud it woke the dog up, she woke up and said: “was that you?" I said "yeah", I didn't have the heart to tell her.
- Will Hunting: So she woke herself up?
- Sean Maguire: Yeah, She's been dead two years, and that's the shit, I remember wonderful stuff. These are the things I miss the most, these... (continue)(continue reading)
“Your daddy stared adversity in the eye Hardy, and he beat it back with a broom.”
“There's a point at 7,000 RPM where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. It just disappears. All that's left, a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM, that's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up near you, and it asks you a question. The only question that really matters. Who are you?”
“- Henry Ford II: This isn't the first time Ford Motors' gone to war. We know how to do more than push papers. Go ahead, Carroll. Go to war.
- Carroll Shelby: Thank you, sir.”
“- Lee Iacocca: Carroll Shelby.
- Carroll Shelby: Maybe?
- Lee Iacocca: Lee Iacocca, Ford Motors. Suppose Henry Ford II wanted to build the greatest race car the world's ever seen, to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans. What's it take?
- Carroll Shelby: Well, it takes somethin' money can't buy.
- Lee Iacocca: Well, it can buy speed.
- Carroll Shelby: It...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ken Miles: If this were a beauty pageant, we just lost.
- Carroll Shelby: Looks aren't everything.”
“We're lighter, we're faster, and if that don't work, we're nastier.”
“Sometimes you think we’re in the normal world and then something happens and you realize we’re not.”
“- Ngoc Lan Tran: Other night on boat, what kind of fuck you give me?
- Paul Safranek: What?
- Ngoc Lan Tran: What kind of fuck you give me?
- Paul Safranek: What kind? I don't...
- Ngoc Lan Tran: American people, eight kind of fuck. Love fuck, hate fuck, sex-only fuck, break-up fuck, make-up fuck, drunk fuck, buddy fuck, pity fuck.”
“- William: I've been left for dead twice... it was bad luck.
- Ballard: For who?
- William: The people who left me!”
“The specs aren't on the gray market, the black market or any other market.”
“This is so fundamentally human that it's found in every culture without exception. Yes, there are assholes who just don't care, but they're massively outnumbered by the people who do.”
“What is the meaning of life, Mr. Leth? So close to its end and still no answers.”