Ben Affleck quotes
“Dana, you deserve Wow.”
“The humans have besmirched everything bestowed on them. They were given Paradise, they threw it away. They were given this planet, they destroyed it. They were favored best among all His endeavors, and some of them don't even believe He exists. And in spite of it all, He's shown them infinite fucking patience at every turn. What about us? I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Marriage hath in it less of beauty but more of safety, than the single life; it hath more care, but less danger, it is more merry, and more sad; it is fuller of sorrows, and fuller of joys; it lies under more burdens, but it is supported by all the strengths of love and charity, and those burdens are delightful.”
“- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: Secretary of the Navy gave me these.
- Capt. Danny Walker: What are they?
- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: Friendship medals the Japanese gave us when they were pretending they wanted peace.
- Capt. Rafe McCawley: What do you want me to do with them, sir?
- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: We're gonna wire them to the bombs and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Capt. Danny Walker: Which way ya goin'?
- Capt. Rafe McCawley: Uh, right, no left. Left. I'll go left.
- Capt. Danny Walker: Okay, we're goin' left right?
- Capt. Rafe McCawley: Right, right?
- Capt. Danny Walker: Right, like we're goin' left, or right like we're goin' right?
- Capt. Rafe McCawley: Well, now you got me all mixed up. I dunno,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Ma'am, I'm never gonna be an English teacher. But I know why I'm here: to be a pilot. And you don't dogfight with manuals. You don't fly with gauges. I mean, it's all about feeling and speed, and lettin' that plane become like a part of your body. And that manual says that a guy who's a slow reader can't be a good pilot. That file says I'm the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I realized it's not enough to break the rules. You have to be strong enough to make your own”
“- Joe Coughlin: Can you tolerate an Irishman in your crew?
- Maso Pescatore: This is America. I've lived worse.”
“There's a lot of noise in the world, and the Internet magnifies that energy.”
“I have a good relationship with the world. But I don't know what the trick is to maintaining it.”
“I'm human, just like anybody else.”
“I find forgiveness to be really healthy.”
“Criminals are like weeds, Alfred: pull one up, another grows in its place.”
“That's the problem with your generation. You guys sat around with your vintage T-shirts and your participation medal, and you never did anything.”