Owen Wilson quotes
“- Cruz Ramirez: [exits Mack] Ask me if I dreamed of being a trainer, Mr. McQueen, go ahead! Ask me if I got up in the dark to run laps before school every day! Ask me if I saved every penny to buy a ticket to the races when they came to town. Ask me if I did that so that I could be a trainer someday, ask me!
- Lightning McQueen: Did y - ?
- Cruz...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jack: Annie, listen to me. Over there we have a chance.
- Annie: Over there, we don't know what's over there. They could be the same kind of people over there.
- Jack: All I know is we gotta keep putting 10 steps between us and them.”
“We're friends. But it's the type of friendship where if you're in trouble, I probably won't be there for you. Just like I wouldn't expect you to be there for me.”
“The racing is the reward, not the stuff!”
“- Stackhouse: O'Malley told me you dropped your letter, he's bullshitting me, right?
- Burnett: Nope, he's telling the truth.
- Stackhouse: Oh, so you're gonna break up the band? That's good. Listen, Chris, I thought you were kidding about getting out. Are you telling me I gotta find another navigator? Is that the deal?
- Burnett: I can't do it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“True love is your soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another.”
“- David Ghantt: What should I call you, sir?
- Steve: Nothing. You don't ever need to see me or know my name. You can refer to me as Geppetto.
- David Ghantt: Geppetto?
- Steve: Yeah, Geppetto. As in Pinnochio. As in, I pull the strings.
- David Ghantt: I think he means Stromboli.
- Steve: What did you call me?
- David Ghantt: Nothin'. I just...” (continue)(continue reading)
“People have a deep distrust of machines. Have you seen Terminator? Or 2? Or 3? Or 4?”
I hear words like "beauty" and "handsomness" and "incredibly chiseled features" and for me that's like a vanity of self absorption that I try to steer clear of.
“You know how they say we only use 10 percent of our brains? I think we only use 10 percent of our hearts.”
“I guess I would have to say Jesus. He was a carpenter, and I just figured if you're going to follow in someone's footsteps, who better than Christ?”
“Love doesn't exist, that's what I'm trying to tell you guys. And I'm not picking on love, 'cause I don't think friendship exists either.”
“Have a little faith in people.”
“Is your mother hot? I just want to know if you two look like mother/daughter.”
“I am like a wild horse. You can't tame me. You put the oats in the pen, though, and I'll come in for a nibble every day. But the minute you shut that gate, I'll jump the fence and you'll never see me again.”
“I don't know karate, but I know kar-azy, and I will use it!”
“- Cruz Ramirez: Can I ask you something? What was it like for you, when you showed up to your first race? How did you know you could do it?
- Lightning McQueen: I don't know, I... I just never thought I couldn't.
- Cruz Ramirez: I wish I knew what that felt like. Good luck, Mr. McQueen.”