Owen Wilson quotes
“- Jack: Annie, listen to me. Over there we have a chance.
- Annie: Over there, we don't know what's over there. They could be the same kind of people over there.
- Jack: All I know is we gotta keep putting 10 steps between us and them.”
“We're friends. But it's the type of friendship where if you're in trouble, I probably won't be there for you. Just like I wouldn't expect you to be there for me.”
“The racing is the reward, not the stuff!”
“- Stackhouse: O'Malley told me you dropped your letter, he's bullshitting me, right?
- Burnett: Nope, he's telling the truth.
- Stackhouse: Oh, so you're gonna break up the band? That's good. Listen, Chris, I thought you were kidding about getting out. Are you telling me I gotta find another navigator? Is that the deal?
- Burnett: I can't do it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“True love is your soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another.”
“- David Ghantt: What should I call you, sir?
- Steve: Nothing. You don't ever need to see me or know my name. You can refer to me as Geppetto.
- David Ghantt: Geppetto?
- Steve: Yeah, Geppetto. As in Pinnochio. As in, I pull the strings.
- David Ghantt: I think he means Stromboli.
- Steve: What did you call me?
- David Ghantt: Nothin'. I just...” (continue)(continue reading)
“People have a deep distrust of machines. Have you seen Terminator? Or 2? Or 3? Or 4?”
I hear words like "beauty" and "handsomness" and "incredibly chiseled features" and for me that's like a vanity of self absorption that I try to steer clear of.
“You know how they say we only use 10 percent of our brains? I think we only use 10 percent of our hearts.”
“I guess I would have to say Jesus. He was a carpenter, and I just figured if you're going to follow in someone's footsteps, who better than Christ?”
“- Cruz Ramirez: [exits Mack] Ask me if I dreamed of being a trainer, Mr. McQueen, go ahead! Ask me if I got up in the dark to run laps before school every day! Ask me if I saved every penny to buy a ticket to the races when they came to town. Ask me if I did that so that I could be a trainer someday, ask me!
- Lightning McQueen: Did y - ?
- Cruz...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Love doesn't exist, that's what I'm trying to tell you guys. And I'm not picking on love, 'cause I don't think friendship exists either.”
“Have a little faith in people.”
“Is your mother hot? I just want to know if you two look like mother/daughter.”
“I am like a wild horse. You can't tame me. You put the oats in the pen, though, and I'll come in for a nibble every day. But the minute you shut that gate, I'll jump the fence and you'll never see me again.”
“I don't know karate, but I know kar-azy, and I will use it!”
“- Cruz Ramirez: Can I ask you something? What was it like for you, when you showed up to your first race? How did you know you could do it?
- Lightning McQueen: I don't know, I... I just never thought I couldn't.
- Cruz Ramirez: I wish I knew what that felt like. Good luck, Mr. McQueen.”