Owen Wilson quotes
“Isabel-Most people say, ignorance is bliss. But I say, you have to experience the good to appreciate the bad.
Greg-You know, it's the other way around.
“- Cruz Ramirez: [exits Mack] Ask me if I dreamed of being a trainer, Mr. McQueen, go ahead! Ask me if I got up in the dark to run laps before school every day! Ask me if I saved every penny to buy a ticket to the races when they came to town. Ask me if I did that so that I could be a trainer someday, ask me!
- Lightning McQueen: Did y - ?
- Cruz...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jack: Annie, listen to me. Over there we have a chance.
- Annie: Over there, we don't know what's over there. They could be the same kind of people over there.
- Jack: All I know is we gotta keep putting 10 steps between us and them.”
“- Sally Carrera: Back then, cars came across the country a whole different way.
- Lightning McQueen: How do you mean?
- Sally Carrera: The road didn't cut through the land like that interstate. It moved with the land, it rose, it fell, it curved. Cars didn't drive on it to make great time. They drove on it to have a great time.”
“Isabel-Ignore her. She’s not real.
Greg-She feels real.”
“I have a picture in my head of a place. I don’t know if it’s real. But it has a feeling, and the feeling is real.”
“We're friends. But it's the type of friendship where if you're in trouble, I probably won't be there for you. Just like I wouldn't expect you to be there for me.”
“The racing is the reward, not the stuff!”
“- Stackhouse: O'Malley told me you dropped your letter, he's bullshitting me, right?
- Burnett: Nope, he's telling the truth.
- Stackhouse: Oh, so you're gonna break up the band? That's good. Listen, Chris, I thought you were kidding about getting out. Are you telling me I gotta find another navigator? Is that the deal?
- Burnett: I can't do it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“True love is your soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another.”
“- David Ghantt: What should I call you, sir?
- Steve: Nothing. You don't ever need to see me or know my name. You can refer to me as Geppetto.
- David Ghantt: Geppetto?
- Steve: Yeah, Geppetto. As in Pinnochio. As in, I pull the strings.
- David Ghantt: I think he means Stromboli.
- Steve: What did you call me?
- David Ghantt: Nothin'. I just...” (continue)(continue reading)
“People have a deep distrust of machines. Have you seen Terminator? Or 2? Or 3? Or 4?”
I hear words like "beauty" and "handsomness" and "incredibly chiseled features" and for me that's like a vanity of self absorption that I try to steer clear of.
“You know how they say we only use 10 percent of our brains? I think we only use 10 percent of our hearts.”
“I guess I would have to say Jesus. He was a carpenter, and I just figured if you're going to follow in someone's footsteps, who better than Christ?”
“Love doesn't exist, that's what I'm trying to tell you guys. And I'm not picking on love, 'cause I don't think friendship exists either.”
“Have a little faith in people.”
“Is your mother hot? I just want to know if you two look like mother/daughter.”