Plot – Jerry Lundegaard, a Minnesota car dealer with debts, decides to have his wife kidnapped and asks his father-in-law for the ransom. To do this, he hires two criminals, Carl and Gaear, who turn out to be quite a clumsy couple. Not following the plan, they turn the kidnapping into a carnage, killing a policeman and two by-passers who witness the scene. The situation spins out of control and more blood is shed. Marge Gunderson, head of the police department and seven months pregnant, starts chasing the killers. An impeccable black comedy with ferocious irony, paradoxical dialogues and a series of outlandish and perfect characters that chase each other in an exemplary narrative joint. Nothing is superficial and everything works perfectly.
All actors – William H. Macy, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare, Kristin Rudrüd, Harve Presnell, Tony Denman, Gary Houston, Sally Wingert, Kurt Schweickhardt, Larissa Kokernot, Melissa Peterman, Steve Reevis, Warren Keith, Steve Edelman, Sharon Anderson, Larry Brandenburg, James Gaulke, J. Todd Anderson, Michelle Suzanne LeDoux, Frances McDormand, John Carroll Lynch, Bruce Bohne, Petra Boden, Steve Park, Wayne A. Evenson, Cliff Rakerd, Jessica Shepherd, Peter Schmitz, Steven I. Schafer, Michelle Hutchison, David S. Lomax, José Feliciano, Bix Skahill, Bain Boehlke, Rose Stockton, Robert Ozasky, John Bandemer, Don Wescott, Bruce Campbell, Clifford Nelson, Lori J. Nessshow all
“Fargo” Quotes 10 quotes
“- Norm Gunderson: People don't much use the three-cent.
- Marge Gunderson: Of course they do. Whenever they raise the postage, people need the little stamps.”
“- Gaear Grimsrud: Shut the fuck up! Or I'll throw you back in the trunk, you know?
- Carl Showalter: Jesus, that's more than I've heard you say all week.”
- Carl Showalter: You ever been to Minneapolis?
- Gaear Grimsrud: Nope.
- Carl Showalter: Would it... kill you to say something?
- Gaear Grimsrud: I did.
- Carl Showalter: "No". That's the first thing you've said in the last four hours. That's a fountain of conversation there, buddy. That's a geyser.
“You stay away from me, man! Hey, smoke a fuckin' peace pipe!”
“- Airport Lot Attendant: There's a minimum charge of four dollars. Long-term parking charges by the day.
- Carl Showalter: I guess you think you're... you know, like an authority figure, with that stupid fuckin' uniform. King clip-on-tie there, big fuckin' man. You know these are the limits of your life, man! The rule of your little fuckin' gate...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Carl Showalter: Three people were killed last night in Brainerd. We're in a load of trouble, Jerry. I'm comin' there tomorrow. You have the money ready by then.
- Jerry Lundegaard: Now, we had a deal. A deal's a deal.
- Carl Showalter: Is it, Jerry? Why don't you ask those three poor souls in Brainerd if a deal's a deal? Go ahead, ask them!”
“There's more to life than a little money.”