“The Professional” quotes(1994)
Plot – Léon is a hit man who lives alone with only a potted plant for company. Mathilda is a girl who lives in the apartment next to Leon's room. When Mathilda's family is killed for drug business, she asks for Leon's help. The two start a tender friendship, one teaching how to use weapons and the other how to read.
All actors – Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, Natalie Portman, Danny Aiello, Peter Appel, Willi One Blood, Don Creech, Keith A. Glascoe, Randolph Scott, Michael Badalucco, Ellen Greene, Elizabeth Regen, Carl J. Matusovich, Frank Senger, Lucius Wyatt Cherokee, Eric Challier, Luc Bernard, Maïwenn, Jessie Keosian, George Martin, Abdul Hassan Sharif, Stuart Rudin, Kent Broadhurst, Tommy Hollis, Peter Linari, Johnny Limo, Danny Peled, Seth Jerome Walker, Michael Mundra, Alex Dezen, Betty Miller, Geoffrey Bateman, Arsène Jiroyan, Peter Vizard, Joseph Malerba, David W. Butler, Robert LaSardo, Steve Gonnelo, William James Stiggers Jr., Anthony Ragland, Crystal Michelle Blake, Sonny Zito, Rocky Hernandez, Randy Pearlstein, Trevor Walace, Keith S. Bullock, Jeff McBride, Fred Fischer, Peter Justinius, Denis Bellocq, Thomas Delehanty, Ed Ventresca, Wallace Wong, Cary Wong, Amimul Rolly, Mohammed Rashid, Adam Busch, Mario Todisco, James Melissinos, Jernard Burks, Matt De Matt, Samy Naceri, Christophe Gautier, Junior Almeida, David Gregg, Michel Montanary, Hervé Husson, Didier Legros, Marc Andréoni, Gilles Kleber, Junior John Levis, Tony Sauraye, Thierry Maurio, James Fahrner, Daniel Schenmetzler, , Jean-Hugues Anglade, Hélène Cardona, Alyssia Dujmovich, Michael Wehrhahnshow all
“The Professional” Quotes 23 quotes
“You know a girl's first time is very important. It determines the rest of her life sexually. I read that once in one of my sister's magazine. My girlfriends told me they hated their first experience. That's because they didn't love the guys. They just did it to show off. Afterwards, they started liking it. Like cigarette. Will i like it the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Léon: There was someone a long time ago. Before I came to the States. Her father didn't want her to see me. She was from a very respectable family. Mine was, you know, not so respectable. Her dad went nuts every time she'd take off to see me.
- Mathilda: But she still snuck off to see you, right?
- Léon: Right.
- Mathilda: You see, nothing can...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mathilda: I've decided what to do with my life. I wanna be a cleaner.
- Léon: You wanna be a cleaner? [passes her a gun and bullets] Here, take it. It's a goodbye gift. Go clean. But not with me. I work alone, understand? Alone.
- Mathilda: Bonnie and Clyde didn't work alone. Thelma and Louise didn't work alone. And they were the best.”
“- Mathilda: Is life always this hard, or is it just when you're a kid?
- Léon: Always like this.”
“- Orphanage Headmistress: Now tell me what happened to you.
- Mathilda: Ok. My family they got shot down by D.E.A. officers because of a drug problem. I left with the greatest guy on earth. He was a hitman, the best in town, but he died this morning. And if you don't help me, I'll be dead by tonight.”
“- Mathilda: If I win, you keep me with you for life.
- Léon: And if you lose?
- Mathilda: Go shopping alone, like before.”
“- Léon: Sorry about your father.
- Mathilda: If somebody didn't do it one day or another, I probably would have done it myself.”
“It's my best friend. Always happy. No questions.”
“- Mathilda: Leon, I think I'm kinda falling in love with you. It's the first time for me, you know?
- Léon: How do you know it's love if you've never been in love before?
- Mathilda: 'Cause I feel it.
- Léon: Where?
- Mathilda: In my stomach. It's all warm. I always had a knot there and now... it's gone.
- Léon: Mathilda, I'm glad you don't have...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mathilda: There's no doorbell.
- Léon: So knock on the door.”
“You still have your gun, so use it. Just do me a favor, don't shoot it out the window.”
“I don't give a shit about sleeping, Leon. I want love, or death. That's it.”
“- Mathilda: I don't wanna lose you, Léon.
- Léon: You're not going to lose me. You've given me a taste for life. I wanna be happy. Sleep in a bed, have roots. And you'll never be alone again, Mathilda. Please, go now, baby, go. Calm down, I'll meet you at Tony's in an hour, I love you, now go, go now.”
“Death is... whimsical... today.”
“- Mathilda: How much would it cost to hire someone to get those dirtbags who killed my brother?
- Léon: Five grand a head.
- Mathilda: Wow. How about this: I work for you; in exchange, you teach me how to clean. Hmmm? What do you think? I'll clean your place, I'll do the shopping, I'll even wash your clothes. Is it a deal?”