“Jakob the Liar” quotes(1999)
All actors – Robin Williams, Hannah Taylor Gordon, Éva Igó, István Bálint, Justus von Dohnányi, Kathleen Gati, Bob Balaban, Alan Arkin, Michael Jeter, Mark Margolis, János Gosztonyi, Liev Schreiber, Armin Mueller-Stahl, Ádám Rajhona, Antal Leisen, Mathieu Kassovitz, Péter Rudolf, Jan Becker, János Kulka, Gregg Bello, Nina Siemaszko, Grazyna Barszczewska, Judit Sagi, Ilona Psota, Ági Margitai, Iván Darvas, László Borbély, Zoltan Barabas, Miroslaw Zbrojewicz, Józef Mika, György Szkladányi, Zofia Saretok, Michael Mehlmann, Mirtill Micheller, Orsolya Pflum, Beatrix Bisztricsan, , Adolf Hitler, Anna Nowakshow all
“Jakob the Liar” Quotes 14 quotes
“Technically, they're retreating. But strategically, they're advancing.”
“I believe we are the chosen people... but I wish the Almighty had chosen somebody else.”
“Stop torturing me. The Germans are already doing a fine job.”
“Hunger for hope may be worse than hunger for food.”
“Until the last line has been spoken, the curtain cannot come down.”
“- Lina: Jakob, there are thieves in your apartment.
- Jakob: My apartment? What's to steal?”
“- Lina: Tonight is Shabbat.
- Jakob: Great. We'll fast like every other night.”
“If you hang yourself, I'll kill you.”
“- Avron: Jakob Heym may not be the Messiah, but he could be a prophet.
- Herschel: Prophets speak in the name of God. All the pancake vendor has got is a radio!
- Avron: He's saying the same thing Isaiah said, people of Israel, I will lead you out of bondage.
- Frankfurter: Out of bondage. If this is what we get from Isaiah, I can't wait to find...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Oh, God of the Jews! Why didn't you make your people a race of mice?”
“A barber with a dull razor is like a blind moyl.”