Africa quotes46 africa quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I wanted to wash off the experience of Africa but obviously I couldn't because that's who I was.”
“- Ulysses Klaue: What do you actually know about Wakanda?
- Everett K. Ross: Um... Shepherds. Textiles. Cool outfits.
- Ulysses Klaue: It's all a front. Explorers searched for it for centuries. El Dorado. The Golden City. They thought they could find it in South America, but it was in Africa the whole time. A technological marvel. All because it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up, and he knows that he’s gotta run faster than the fastest lion, otherwise he gets killed. Every morning a lion wakes up, and he knows he’s gotta outrun the slowest gazelle, otherwise, he’s gonna starve to death. So it doesn’t matter if you’re a lion or you’re a gazelle, in Africa, when the sun rises,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Andre: What I'm dying of?
- Nicole: A rare disease you caught in Africa.
- Andre: When was I in Africa?
- Nicole: During the Hundred Years War.
- Andre: The Hundred Years War was in the Middle Ages, in Europe!
- Nicole: He didn't seem to notice.
- Andre: Why not the Crusades?”
“They could not come up with something this stupid in Nigeria!”
“Deep in the heart of Africa is a place no man has ever entered. The place that belongs to the lion, the elephant and the ape. A place known as the Bukuvu. Travellers flying overhead can only glimpse at its many marvels, its sparkling rivers, its lush veldts, its billowy cloud formations and its hidden mountains.”
“I’d rather have an African lion in the White House than a lyin’ African.”
“If I know a song of Africa, of the giraffe and the African new moon lying on her back, of the plows in the fields and the sweaty faces of the coffee pickers, does Africa know a song of me? Will the air over the plain quiver with a color that I have had on, or the children invent a game in which my name is, or the full moon throw a shadow over...” (continue)(continue reading)
“To be absolutely politically correct African-Americans won the Battle of Britain and saved the world.”
“- Dr. Cyril Wecht: Do you know why you're not back in Nigeria?
- Dr. Bennet Omalu: Yes, because I remind you of you.
- Dr. Cyril Wecht: Only less handsome. Sit down.”
“- Jensen: Where are you from? Originally?
- Aisha: The wilds of Northern Africa.
- Jensen: Do you have any hobbies?
- Aisha: When I was little, I collected human ears.”
“We think we control this place, but this place controls us.”
“In Italy, you get chickens, but no eggs. In Africa there were always eggs, but... never chickens. Who separated them?”
“- Father Gianni: Go with God!
- Lieutenant A.K. Waters: God already left Africa.”
“You, people. Don't you know how bad we treat you, people? Serving your country? This ain't your country. You country is full of apes and gorillas, malaria, missionaries...”
“- Danny Archer: What if I helped you find your family?
- Solomon Vandy: What do you know of my family?
- Danny Archer: Relief agencies are useless, the hospitals are overwhelmed. There are other ways, bro.
- Solomon Vandy: Liar!
- Danny Archer: I know people, huh? White people. Without me, you're just another black man in Africa, alright?”
“This red earth, it's in our skin. The Shona say the colour comes from all the blood that's been spilled fighting over the land. This is home. You'll never leave Africa.”
“- Ralph: Do you feel that being the king of a major nation is tougher than you thought?
- King Mulamboa: Yes, it is difficult sometimes, what with the ceremonialduties and official obligations. But I'm quite pleased with the economic progress my country has made. We are hoping to be the first in Africa to market an automobile!”
“Without question we are all Black Americans! You don't know a god damn thing about Africa! I am from Detroit. Motown. So you can watusi your monkey ass back to Africa if you want to!”
“- Karen Smith: If you're from Africa, why are you white?
- Gretchen Wieners: Oh my God, Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white.”