“Saving Private Ryan” quotes(1998)
Steven Spielberg directed this movie in 1998
Title Saving Private Ryan
Director Steven Spielberg
Genre Drama, War, Action
Director Steven Spielberg
Genre Drama, War, Action
Plot – June 6, 1944. US militaries are preparing to land on Omaha Beach in Normandy to fight against German soldiers. Captain Miller is thinking about the mission: this is the biggest challenge they've been facing during the whole war, but when they arrive Miller is given another task, that is to find Private Ryan, a soldier who's the last son of a woman that has already lost in the war three sons.
All actors – Tom Hanks, Tom Sizemore, Edward Burns, Barry Pepper, Adam Goldberg, Vin Diesel, Giovanni Ribisi, Jeremy Davies, Matt Damon, Ted Danson, Paul Giamatti, Dennis Farina, Joerg Stadler, Max Martini, Dylan Bruno, Daniel Cerqueira, Demetri Goritsas, Ian Porter, Gary Sefton, Julian Spencer, Steve Griffin, William Marsh, Marc Cass, Markus Napier, Neil Finnighan, Peter Miles, Paul Garcia, Seamus McQuade, Ronald Longridge, Adam Shaw, Rolf Saxon, Corey Johnson, Loclann Aiken, John Barnett, Maclean Burke, Victor Burke, Aiden Condron, Paschal Friel, Shane Hagan, Paul Hickey, Shane Johnson, Laird Macintosh, Brian Maynard, Martin McDougall, Mark Phillips, Lee Aaron Rosen, Andrew Scott, Matthew Sharp, Vincent Walsh, Grahame Wood, John Sharian, Glenn Wrage, Crofton Hardester, Martin Hub, Raffaello Degruttola, Nigel Whitmey, Sam Ellis, Erich Redman, Tilo Keiner, Stephan Grothgar, Stephane Cornicard, Michelle Evans, Martin Beaton, Anna Maguire, Nathan Fillion, Leland Orser, Michael Mantas, David Vegh, Ryan Hurst, Nick Brooks, Sam Scudder, John Walters, Dorothy Grumbar, James Innes-Smith, Harve Presnell, Dale Dye, Bryan Cranston, David Wohl, Eric Loren, Valerie Colgan, Amanda Boxer, Harrison Young, Kathleen Byron, Rob Freeman, Thomas Gizbert, , Sebastian J. Brook, John de Lancie, James Embree, Declan Geraghty, Michael P. Jahoda, Derek Lea, João Costa Menezes, Taylor Murphy, Abbe Muschallik, Nina Muschallik, Paul Sacks, Mac Steinmeier, Leo Stransky, Vincent Ventresca, Paul Woodadgeshow all
“Saving Private Ryan” Quotes 22 quotes
“My family is with me today. They wanted to come with me. To be honest with you, I wasn't sure how I'd feel coming back here. Every day I think about what you said to me that day on the bridge. I tried to live my life the best that I could. I hope that was enough. I hope that, at least in your eyes, I've earned what all of you have done for me.”
“- Private Ryan: Hell, these guys deserve to go home as much as I do. They've fought just as hard.
- Captain Miller: Is that what I'm supposed to tell your mother when she gets another folded American flag?
- Private Ryan: You can tell her that when you found me, I was with the only brothers I had left. And that there was no way I was deserting...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Well when I think of home, I... I think of something specific. I think of my, my hammock in the backyard or my wife pruning the rosebushes in a pair of my old work gloves.”
“- Private Reiben: I got a bad feeling about this one.
- Captain Miller: When was the last time you felt good about anything?”
“- Private Ryan: Uh sir? Where am I to be during all this?
- Captain Miller: No more than two feet away from me. And that's not negotiable.”
“- T-4 Medic Wade: Corporal, what's your book about?
- Corporal Upham: It's supposed to be about the bonds of brotherhood developed between soldiers during war.
- Private Caparzo: Brotherhood? What do you know about brotherhood?”
- Private Reiben: What's the saying? "If God's on our side, who the hell could be on theirs?".
- Corporal Upham: "If God is for us, who could be against us?".
- Private Reiben: Yeah, what'd I say?
“He better be worth it. He better go home and cure a disease, or invent a longer-lasting light bulb.”
“You see, when... when you end up killing one of your men, you see, you tell yourself it happened so you could save the lives of two or three or ten others. Maybe a hundred others.”
“I just know that every man I kill the farther away from home I feel.”
“- Pvt. Caparzo: Where are we going?
- Sergeant Horvath: You're going to be sent home wrapped in an American flag with a hunk of cheese in your ass, Caparzo, you smart-ass.”
“Part of me thinks the kid's right. He asks what he's done to deserve this. He wants to stay here, fine. Let's leave him and go home. But then another part of me thinks, what if by some miracle we stay, then actually make it out of here. Someday we might look back on this and decide that saving Private Ryan was the one decent thing we were able...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Captain Miller: Do you know how many men I've lost under my command?
- Sergeant Horvath: How many?
- Captain Miller: Ninety-four. But that means I've saved the lives of ten times that many, doesn't it? Maybe even 20, right? Twenty times as many? And that's how simple it is. That's how you... that's how you rationalize making the choice between...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The world has taken a turn for the surreal.”
“You don't know when to shut up; you don't know how to shut up!”
“We all have orders, and we have to follow 'em. That supersedes everything, including your mothers.”
“Sometimes I wonder if I've changed so much, my wife is even gonna recognize me whenever it is I get back to her, and how I'll ever be able to tell about days like today.”
“- Private Mellish: Fucked up beyond all recognition.
- Corporal Upham: FUBAR.”