“- Susannah: Will he come back?
- Colonel Ludlow: I don't know.
- Colonel Ludlow: [One Stab speaks Cree] Stab says yes.”
“Legends of the Fall” quotes(1994)
Plot – Col. William Ludlow has resigned from the army because he is disgusted by the government's treatment of the Indians. He is a widower and lives in Montana with his three sons Alfred, Tristan and Samuel. Tristan, who is the wildest one, is attracted by the Indians' culture. The arrival of the refined Susannah unleashes rivalry between Alfred and Tristan. Then the First World War breaks out and things get complicated.
All actors – Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins, Aidan Quinn, Julia Ormond, Henry Thomas, Karina Lombard, Tantoo Cardinal, Gordon Tootoosis, Paul Desmond, Christina Pickles, Robert Wisden, John Novak, Kenneth Welsh, Bill Dow, Sam Sarkar, Nigel Bennett, Keegan MacIntosh, Eric Johnson, Randall Slavin, Doug Hughes, Sekwan Auger, David Kaye, Christine Harder, Charles Andre, Weston McMillan, Aaron Goettel, Bill Croft, Ray Godshall, Marc Levy, Ken Kirzinger, Winnie Hung, Simon Sherwood, Rob Hrdlicka, Channing Knull, John D. Cameron, Bart the Bear, Gary A. Hecker, Matthew Robert Kelly, Larry Lefebvre, Brian Stolleryshow all
“Legends of the Fall” Quotes 32 quotes
“- Tristan: Samuel, God bless you. You are good at everything you try to do. I'm sure it'll be the same with fucking.
- Samuel: Tristan, really. We're talking about my future wife.
- Tristan: Oh, you're not gonna fuck her?
- Samuel: No!
- Tristan: No?
- Samuel: No! I'm planning to be with her.
- Tristan: I recommend fucking.”
“- Susannah: Were you going to say goodbye? Tristan? How long will you be gone?
- Tristan: Not long. A few months.
- Susannah: I can make it better for you.
- Tristan: No.
- Susannah: If we'd had a child or if I were pregnant, would you still be going?
- Tristan: Yes.
- Susannah: Just give me a chance.
- Tristan: Don't do that.
- Susannah: Look...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Screw'm! Screw'm all! Screw the gov'm'nt!”
“Susannah, all we had is dead, as I am dead...marry another.”
“- Samuel: Still hung over?
- Tristan: Still drunk!”
“- Susannah: Forever turned out to be too long tristan.
- Tristan: I know.
- Susannah: [takes off bracelet] Here... I don't want it.
- Tristan: They told me that this was magic. That whoever wore it would be protected... keep it.
- Susannah: Tristan? Don't you want to see Alfred?
- Tristan: It's probably better that I don't. Just tell him...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Don't talk at me boy as if I've never seen a war!”
“So this is Tristan, and does he speak English?”
“How much I wanted to take scalps... but it was not my kill.”
“- Alfred: I don't know what to say. Tristan's always been wild. You love him for that.
- Susannah: Do I? Yeah, I suppose I do.
- Alfred: Susannah, he does love you.
- Colonel Ludlow: Alfred! She's to be your brother's wife.
- Alfred: Yes, though you might better remind him of that.
- Colonel Ludlow: He's not here to defend himself.
- Alfred: No,...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Dear Isabel, how strange to have a cultivated woman in the house again, and how intoxicating. Indeed to have all three of my sons under my roof again fills me with such a deep, quiet satisfaction that I thank God.
“- Tristan: You know when Samuel died... when Samuel died, I cursed God. Did I damn everybody around me as well as myself?
- Colonel Ludlow: No. You are not damned, Tristan... I won't allow that.”
“- Susannah: You know, I still sometimes dream, that I am the mother of your children. I wanted her to die. Or maybe I even wanted Samuel to die.
- Alfred: You had nothing to do with Samuel's death and you had nothing to do with isabel's death.
- Susannah: Didn't I?”
“- Samuel: I'll bring you back the kaiser's helmet.
- Colonel Ludlow: Bring yourself back. That'd please me more.”
“It was a good death.”
“Colonel Ludlow told me ''Ride with them to Calgary. Bring back the horses''. ''Damn fools'' he called them. ''Damn fools''. The Colonel would not have his sons ride off to war on old nags, damn fools or not.”
“The old ones say when a man and an animal have spilled each other's blood, they become one.”
“My father, gentlemen, claims that the government has neither wisdom nor humanity. I will then consider it my duty as my father's son to bring both wisdom and humanity to the United states' Congress. I thank you for your blessing, father.”
“- Alfred: l heard the oddest news. Tristan is back.
- Anna: Yes, l know.
- Alfred: You know? How do you know?
- Anna: I saw him….
- Alfred: You mean he had the audacity to come here just to see you?
- Anna: No ..He wanted to see you, but he thought you'd get upset. I think he might be right…
- Alfred: oh. Well…. What did he.. what did he say?
-...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Stab speak English?! Ha! He wouldn't lower himself to speak English would you Stab?!”