“Major League” quotes(1989)
Plot – The Cleveland's baseball team of the "Indians" is about to begin a new seaon but, after the death of the owner, it is threatened by a mortal danger. In fact, the widow Rachel Phelps just wants the team to lose so the team can be transferred to Miami. For this reason, the "shortlist" entrusted to Coach Lou is composed by former players and young people with little experience. After a disastrous start, however, the "Indians" become aware of the woman's intentions and they do all their best to win the championship.
All actors – Tom Berenger, Charlie Sheen, Corbin Bernsen, Margaret Whitton, James Gammon, Rene Russo, Wesley Snipes, Charles Cyphers, Chelcie Ross, Dennis Haysbert, Andy Romano, Bob Ueckershow all
“Major League” Quotes 13 quotes
“The local press seems to think that we'd save everyone the time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sportswriters' time.”
“- Jake Taylor: That's my wife...
- Willie Mays Hayes: Does she know that?
- Jake Taylor: Well, she would've been if I hadn't screwed it up... Who's that guy she's with?
- Willie Mays Hayes: I don't know. He's not wearing a nametag.”
“- Willie Mays Hayes: What the hell league you been playing in?
- Rick Vaughn: California Penal...
- Willie Mays Hayes: Never heard of it. How'd you end up playing there?
- Rick Vaughn: Stole a car.”
“- Pedro Cerrano: Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.
- Eddie Harris: You know you might think about taking Jesus Christ as your savior instead of fooling around with all this stuff.
- Roger Dorn:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jake Taylor: I'll let you know if I land a good job, I'm sure you're real concerned about it.
- Tom: Well, I just wanted Lynn to know what she would have had ahead of her.
- Tom: Stay away from her.
- Jake Taylor: Suck my dick!”
“- Lou Brown: Who is that?
- Charlie Donovan: Must be Cerrano. Defected from Cuba, wanted religious freedom.
- Lou Brown: What's his religion?
- Charlie Donovan: Voodoo.”
I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say "Fuck you Jobu", I do it myself.
“I have something I think you all ought to know about. It seems that Mrs. Phelps doesn't think too highly of our worth. She put this team together because she thought we'd be bad enough to finish dead last, knocking attendance down to the point where she could move the team to Miami, and get rid of all of us for better personnel.”
“Ya know Dorn, I liked you so much better when you were just a ballplayer. If you wanna be an interior decorator now that's none of my business. But some of us still need this team. Now you listen to me! This is my last shot at a winner and for some of the younger guys it could be their only shot. I don't know what happened to you. But if you...” (continue)(continue reading)