“White Men Can't Jump” quotes(1992)
Plot – Sydney is a black great talker and knows how to play basketball. His favorite activity is hustling, challenging random opponents on street basketball courts. His partner is the white fake-dumb Billy: they play two against two and our heroes often win, but things do not always go smoothly. Then two Mafia killers show up and seem to have it in for them.
All actors – Wesley Snipes, Woody Harrelson, Rosie Perez, Tyra Ferrell, Cylk Cozart, Kadeem Hardison, Ernest Harden Jr., John Marshall Jones, Marques Johnson, David Roberson, Kevin Benton, Nigel Miguel, Duane Martin, Bill Henderson, Sonny Craver, Jon Hendricks, Eloy Casados, Frank Rossi, Freeman Williams, Louis Price, Alex Trebek, Reggie Leon, Sarah Stavrou, Reynaldo Rey, Lanei Chapman, Irene Amen, Torri Whitehead, Lisa McDowell, David Maxwell, Dion B. Vines, Bill Caplan, Richard James Baker, Amy Golden, Jeanette Srubar, Zandra Hill, Fred P. Gregory, Carl E. Hodge, Ruben Martinez, Gary Lazer, Donna Howell, Donald Fullilove, Johnny Gilbert, Leonard A. Oakland, Allan Malamud, Jeanne McCarthy, John Charles Sheeham, Gregg Daniel, Carl A. McGee, Chick Hearn, Stu Lantz, Ronald Beals, Joe Metcalf, Mahcoe Moore, Mark Hill, Eric Kizziee, Chalmer Maddox, Leroy Michaux, Joseph Duffy, Pete Duffy, Gary Moeller, Daniel Porto, Lester Hawkins, Jeffrey Todd, Jake Roberts, Mike Akrawi, Dwayne L. Barnes, Ron Johnson, Walter Jones, Bruce Monical, Dawanna Murrell, Gary Payton, Harry Perry, John Sheehan, Kevin Ula Christie, Del Zamorashow all
“White Men Can't Jump” Quotes 14 quotes
“Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs.”
“You can put a cat in an oven, but that don't make it a biscuit.”
“I don't mean to brag... but I'm the greatest!”
“- Sidney Deane: Loan me a twenty.
- Junior: Come on Sid, do I look like Bank of America?
- Sidney Deane: You think I'm going to lose this money to this white boy?
- Junior: You better not lose my money to this white boy he's a visitor we're the home team baby.
- Sidney Deane: This here is a black thing, so give me twenty dollars so I can run...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sidney Deane: Hey hey man, what's the score? Yo! Chump! I'm talking to you! I'm talking to the fucking air.
- Billy Hoyle: My name ain't chump, it's Billy Hoyle.
- Sidney Deane: Billy Hoyle. Billy Hoyle. Billy Hoyle. Okay Billy... can you count to ten, Billy?
- Billy Hoyle: Yeah.
- Sidney Deane: Good. What's the score... Billy?
- Billy Hoyle:...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Sidney Deane: Billy, I have four words for you: "Listen to the Woman".
- Billy Hoyle: What the hell does that mean, "Listen to the woman"? I tried to listen to the woman and you're the one who talked me out of it.
- Sidney Deane: Wait a minute. I didn't talk you out of anything. I presented you with an option and you took it.
You're a real cool customer on the court, real chill out there, can't be rattled in your game, you don't even fall for that "nigger" shit out there on the court, but when it comes to your woman that's a different matter altogether, look at you I didn't even talk trash and you're already scared, I didn't even push up on the sister and you're... (continue)(continue reading)
“Oh man shut your anorexic malnutrition tapeworm-having overdose on Dick Gregory Bahamian diet-drinking ass up. Leave me alone!”
“- Gloria: The money was mine to keep for both of us when Jeopardy called.
- Billy: Jeopardy is not going to call, when are you going to fuckin' wake up.
- Gloria: Jeopardy is going to call Billy, it is my destiny that I triumph magnificently on that show and I'll never do that if I have to wear this stupid hoochie-mama looking dress that you...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Junior: Your mother's so poor I saw her kicking cans and I asked her what she was doing she said "moving".
- Walter: Your mother's so old she used to drive chariots to high school.
- Junior: Your mother's so fat when she fell over, broke her leg and gravy poured out.
- Walter: I told your mother to act her age and the bitch dropped dead.
See. if I'm thirsty. I don't want a glass of water, I want you to sympathize. I want you to say, "Gloria, I too know what it feels like to be thirsty. I too have had a dry mouth." I want you to connect with me through sharing and understanding the concept of dry mouthedness.
“You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”