Tom Berenger quotes
“- Gen. Robert E. Lee: We have never concerned ourselves with being outnumbered.
- Lieut. Gen. James Longstreet: That is true, sir. If we move to the south to Washington, they have to pursue us, and then we can fight on ground of our choosing.
- Gen. Robert E. Lee: But the enemy is here! We did not want the fight but the fight is here! How can I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sam: Why is it what you just said strikes me as a massive rationalization?
- Michael: Don't knock rationalization; where would we be without it? I don't know anyone who could get through the day without two or three juicy rationalizations. They're more important than sex.
- Sam: Come on, nothing's more important that sex.
- Michael: Yeah? Ever...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jake Taylor: That's my wife...
- Willie Mays Hayes: Does she know that?
- Jake Taylor: Well, she would've been if I hadn't screwed it up... Who's that guy she's with?
- Willie Mays Hayes: I don't know. He's not wearing a nametag.”
“- Dan Merrick: You know what I like best about amnesia?
- Judith Merrick: What?
- Dan Merrick: After seven years of marriage, I get to fall in love with you all over again.”
“- Jonathan Knox: I've never seen a grizzly just turn and run like that.
- Warren Stantin: Everybody else up here acts like they've never seen a black man before. Why should the bear be different?”
“I think this regiment could whip Caesar's Tenth Legion! I think they could ride with Genghis Khan! They are the best examples of American manhood. We have cowboys, Ivy Leaguers, football players, polo players, bronco busters, New York City policemen... and one man, I regret to say, who used to work for the Internal Revenue Service!”
“The way a person dresses is nobody's business but his or her own.”
“Dynamite? It's like wine, it only gets better with age.”
“- Sundance Kid: You know, I've been thinking...
- Butch Cassidy: That could be dangerous!”
“- Rex O'Herlihan: This is 1884. You've gotta date and date and date and date and sometimes marry 'em even before... you know...
- Peter: Now, wait a minute. Are you tellin' me you've never...?
- Rex O'Herlihan: Never.
- Peter: My god, Rex. You are a good guy.”
“Will you quit torturing yourself! He didn't have any kids. He didn't even have a wife... just some old hag he lived with. Sundance, when you go get yourself in gunfights, you can't just pick orphans to do it with.”
“- Sam: So how's your life?
- Karen: Oh, great. How's yours?
- Sam: Not so great.
- Karen: Oh, we're telling the truth.”
“- Jake Taylor: I'll let you know if I land a good job, I'm sure you're real concerned about it.
- Tom: Well, I just wanted Lynn to know what she would have had ahead of her.
- Tom: Stay away from her.
- Jake Taylor: Suck my dick!”
“- Warren Stantin: Do you mountainmen do this kind of shit a lot?
- Jonathan Knox: Every damn day!”
“- Shale: I'd like to know what area of history you're studying.
- Student: The fuck you history!”
“We need each other. Words and music.”
“You all take a good look at this lump of shit. Remember what it looks like. You fuck up in a firefight and I goddamn guarantee you a trip out of the bush, in a body bag!”
“You know, they say a marriage is the best thing that's suppose to happen between two people... or the worst.”