Baseball quotes141 baseball quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Any person who would defile America's pastime by wearing a baseball cap backwards... well, that's an evil that speaks for itself!”
“- Jimmy Dugan: Sneaking out like this, quitting, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Baseball is what gets inside you. It's what lights you up, you can't deny that.
- Dottie Hinson: It just got too hard.
- Jimmy Dugan: It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great.”
“- Chubbs: What are you doing?
- Happy Gilmore: 364 days until next year's hockey tryouts, I have to toughen up.”
“Pitcher's got a big butt! Pitcher's got a big butt!”
“And you know Steve you get the feeling that Billy Chapel isn't pitching against left handers, he isn't pitching against pinch hitters, he isn't pitching against the Yankees. He's pitching against time. He's pitching against the future, against age, and even when you think about his career, against ending. And tonight I think he might be able to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If it weren't for baseball, many kids wouldn't know what a millionaire looked like.”
“- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez: Man, you think too much! I bet you get straight A's and shit!
- Scotty Smalls: No, I got a B once. Well, actually it was an A minus but it should have been a B.
- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez: Man, this is baseball, you gotta stop thinking! Just have fun. If you were having fun, you would have caught that ball!”
“Is that play legal?”
“- Mac Macnally: You're a frickin' primadonna, McGreavy. You don't deserve to wear that uniform.
- Mike McGrevey: You know, you're right, Mac. I'm a disgrace to the Twins. I think you should trade me.
- Mac Macnally: As soon as we find someone dumb enough to take you, that's exactly what we're gonna do.”
“- Willie Mays Hayes: What the hell league you been playing in?
- Rick Vaughn: California Penal...
- Willie Mays Hayes: Never heard of it. How'd you end up playing there?
- Rick Vaughn: Stole a car.”
“You get out there, and the stands are full and everybody's cheerin'. It's like everybody in the world come to see you. And inside of that there's the players, they're yakkin' it up. The pitcher throws and you look for that pill... suddenly there's nothing else in the ballpark but you and it.”
“- Branch Rickey: We win if the world is convinced of two things: That you are a fine gentleman and a great baseball player. Like our Savior... you gotta have the guts... to turn the other cheek. Can you do it?
- Jackie Robinson: You give me a uniform... you give me a, heh, number on my back... and I'll give you the guts.”
“- Pedro Cerrano: Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.
- Eddie Harris: You know you might think about taking Jesus Christ as your savior instead of fooling around with all this stuff.
- Roger Dorn:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ivan Danko: I do not understand this sport.
- Art Ridzik: You're not supposed to, it's completely American.
- Ivan Danko: We play baseball now in Soviet Union.
- Art Ridzik: Are you kidding me? This is our national pastime!”
“Rose'll tell you. When I first met her, she ask me if I had gotten all that foolishness out of my system. I said: Baby, it's you and baseball, all what count to me. You hear me, Bono? And I meant it, too. She said: Which one come first? I said: Well, ain't no doubt it's baseball. But you stick and get old with me, and we'll both outlive this...” (continue)(continue reading)
“They used to call me Crazy Joe. Well now they can call me Batman!”
“- Branch Rickey: You think God likes baseball, Herb?
- Herb Pennock: What? What the hell is that supposed to mean?
- Branch Rickey: It means someday you're gonna meet God, and when he inquires as to why you didn't take the field against Robinson in Philadelphia, and you answer that it's because he was a Negro, it may not be a sufficient reply!”
[drunk] So, Hiroshi "Kamikaze" Tanaka, recently of the Tokyo Giants, knocks himself cold for the second time this week. Maybe in Japan, that's actually better than catching the ball. Personally, I think he's just trying to get out of the lineup.