“One Fine Day” quotes(1996)
Plot – Melanie, a New York architect focused on her career, has to present a few important projects. Jack is a reporter who is trying to expose the corruption of the city administration. They have a common problem: they are separated and have children to look after; she has a son and he has a daughter. The morning of the children's school trip, the parents arrive at the school when the bus has already left. Melanie and Jack find themselves having to face a day full of important commitments and not knowing who to leave the children with. Faced with this emergency, the two strangers try to make the best of a bad lot, throw pungent jokes at each other, move from one taxi to another, chase each other on the phone, have parents and friends involved, make arrangements to look after the kids at different hours, lose the kids, find the kids and let the accusations fly.
All actors – Michelle Pfeiffer, George Clooney, Mae Whitman, Alex D. Linz, Charles Durning, Jon Robin Baitz, Ellen Greene, Joe Grifasi, Pete Hamill, Anna Maria Horsford, Gregory Jbara, Sheila Kelley, Barry Kivel, Robert Klein, George Martin, Michael Massee, Amanda Peet, Holland Taylor, Rachel York, Marianne Muellerleile, Steven Jang, Samantha Cintrón, Victor Truro, Ashley Greenfield, Sidney Armus, Hal Panchansky, Maggie Wagner, Isabelle Ashland, Jasmin Hartmann, Larry Sherman, Shaun Duke, Thomas Schall, Michael Badalucco, Jeanie Van Dam, Kirstin Allen, Michael Genet, Julia Ryder Perce, P.J. Aliseo, Liam Ahern, José Rabelo, Darla Hill, Joe Avellar, Jullie Chung, Dale Kasman, Andrew Magarian, Katherine Argo, Rob Kelly-Buntzen, Brian Cahill, Fred Goehner, Kuniko Narai, , Bitty Schram, Suzan Anbeh, Akiko Ashley, Carl Burrows, Hélène Cardona, Deborah Cresswell, Christopher Del Gaudio, Kurt Gerard, Gideon Jacobs, Harry Lavin, Adrian Lee, Chelsea O'Toole, Philip Petrie, Timothy Scott Ralston, Antonio Roblesshow all
“One Fine Day” Quotes 13 quotes
“- Melanie Parker: Your Peter Pan complex is so 90's.
- Jack Taylor: What Peter Pan complex?
- Melanie Parker: The one you're so proud of.
- Jack Taylor: Do you have any friends?
- Melanie Parker: I don't have time for friends.
- Jack Taylor: That's because of your Captain Hook complex.”
- Jack Taylor: You're asking me for help.
- Melanie Parker: It would appear that way, wouldn't it?
- Jack Taylor: I'll agree if you'll say, "Jack, please be my knight in shining armor".
“- Maggie Taylor: I'm hungry.
- Jack Taylor: Want a Tic Tac?
- Maggie Taylor: No.
- Jack Taylor: That's all I've got.”
“That's one of the advantages of being an adult. You get to act like a kid anytime you feel like it.”
“I just want to find a fish who isn't afraid of my dark chocolate layer... and of course she'd have to love my cookie too.”
“- Kristen: Why do I always have to be the grownup where you always get to be the little boy?
- Jack Taylor: Because in the beginning of the relationship when we were choosing up sides, you chose grownup first.”
“- Melanie Parker: You're the most important thing in the world.
- Sammy Parker: No, I'm not. Your job is.”
“- Jack Taylor: Maggie, when you grow up and are incredibly beautiful and intelligent and possess a certain sweetness that's... that's like a distantpromise to the brave, to the worthy, could you please not beat to a pulp every miserable bastard that comes your way simply because you can? Could you not do that?
- Maggie Taylor: Okay Daddy.”
“- Melanie Parker: Men like you have made me the woman I am.
- Jack Taylor: All the women I know like you have made me think all women are like you.”
- Jack Taylor: My attitude is derived from your attitude.
- Melanie Parker: "Derived", you must be a writer.
“Let's do this right. Let me freshen up so I'll feel a little more like a woman and less like a dead mommy.”