Parents quotes375 parents quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Matilda: I have the adoption papers.
- Mrs. Wormwood: What? Where did you get those?
- Matilda: From a book in the library. I've had them since I was big enough to xerox.”
“Parenting is an impossible job at any age.”
“The more I go through parenting, the more I say I owe my mother an apology.”
“Our son doesn't know who Boz Scaggs is. We have failed as parents.”
“Good evening. How's it going? Listen, girls... uh... as your father, I feel it incumbent upon me to set the record straight on the validity of the tale which Uncle Chet shared with us this evening. I know that a terrifying story like that coming from the mouth of a recognized authority figure could be traumatizing for kids like yourselves; I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I hated the deal, but I'm sorry you feel so badly about it. Your children love you, they want to play with you. How long do you think that lasts? Soon Jack may not even want you to come to his games. We have a few special years with our children, when they're the ones that want us around. After that you're going to be running after them for a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's no way, no way that you came from my loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!”
“There's one thing every little kid knows: Daddies mean fun; mommies mean business.”
“As husband to my grandmother I am my own grandpa!”
“- Honore Lachaille: I have to tell you... your parents bore me to death.
- Gaston Lachaille: Me too.
- Honore Lachaille: But I've known them longer, so they've been boring me longer.”
“- Sarbojaya Ray: You'll educate the boy, give him his sacred thread, teach him to worship the gods. Durga will find a good husband. Two meals a day, new clothes twice a year - what more could we want?
- Harihar Ray: We'll have all that and more. My ancestors were writers, after all. They left a legacy that can't be ignored. Just wait two years....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Parenting is one of the hardest jobs on earth.”
“Great, I hijacked my fucking parents.”
“He's my son and I should be around him. I wasn't around my dad and look at the fuckin' way I turned out.”
“Isn't that what's wrong with the world today? People are just looking for the easy way out, like their problems are gonna go away? Problems just don't go, Flo! You know? So the question here is: what are we going to do with our little problemchild? I'll tell you what we are going to do. Something that no parent has ever done for him before....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Frank Adler: Look, just don't worry, okay?
- Roberta Taylor: Don't tell me that. There's nothing you can say that's gonna make me feel good because I have no say in any of this, Frank. I'm not a blood relative! I'm not a legal guardian! I'm nothing! Just a lady who lives next door whose opinions mean nothing, whose feelings mean nothing! Would...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nicole Burnell: You and mom have a lawyer?
- Sam Burnell: Well, yes. He's your lawyer, too.
- Nicole Burnell: My lawyer. Why do I need a lawyer?
- Mary: Well maybe we shouldn't be talking about this just now, with you barely home. Aren't you hungry, honey? You want me to fix you something?
- Nicole Burnell: No. What's this lawyer business?”