“The Ninth Configuration” quotes(1980)
All actors – Stacy Keach, Scott Wilson, Jason Miller, Ed Flanders, Neville Brand, George DiCenzo, Moses Gunn, Robert Loggia, Joe Spinell, Alejandro Rey, Tom Atkins, Steve Sandorshow all
“The Ninth Configuration” Quotes 14 quotes
“In order for life to have appeared spontaneously on Earth, there first had to be hundreds of millions of protein molecules of the ninth configuration. But given the size of the planet Earth, do you know how long it would have taken for just one of these protein molecules to appear entirely by chance? Roughly ten to the two hundred and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Colonel Kane: You're convinced that God is dead because there's evil in the world.
- Captain Cutshaw: Correct.
- Colonel Kane: Then why don't you think He's alive because of the goodness in the world?”
“- Lt. Frankie Reno: Why are you teaching the dogs Shakespeare?
- Colonel Kane: Someone's got to do it.”
“- Colonel Kane: Maybe we're just fish out of water.
- Col. Richard Fell: What was that?
- Colonel Kane: I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Infinite goodness is creating a being you know, in advance, is going to complain.”
“See the stars? So cold, so far, and so very lonely. Oh, so lonely. All that space... just... empty space. And so far from home. I've circled round and round this house, orbit after orbit. Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like never to stop, and circle alone up there forever. And what if I got there - got to the moon - and couldn't get back? Sure,...” (continue)(continue reading)
I don't belong to the "God Is Alive And Hiding In Argentina" club, but I believe in the devil, all right. You know why? Because the prick keeps doing commercials!
“You're so dumb you're adorable.”
“I know my rights, I demand to see my urologist.”
“I think the end of the world just came for that bag of Fritos I had in my pants pocket.”