Evolution quotes53 evolution quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“In order for life to have appeared spontaneously on Earth, there first had to be hundreds of millions of protein molecules of the ninth configuration. But given the size of the planet Earth, do you know how long it would have taken for just one of these protein molecules to appear entirely by chance? Roughly ten to the two hundred and...” (continue)(continue reading)
- James "Jimmy" Isaac Neutron: They've evolved beyond the need for conventional bodies. They must be an advanced species, millions of years ahead of us.
- Sheen Estevez: Wow. When I blow my nose, it looks like an advanced species too.
“- Luca: You're on the wrong side of the street, fat cat. Beat it!
- Garfield: And you, Luca. You're on the wrong side of the evolutionary curve.”
“Every leap of civilization was built on the back of a disposable workforce.”
“The Beast is a sentient creature who represents the highest form of humans' evolution. He believes the time of ordinary humanity is over. I hope this makes you feel calm. You will be in the presence of something greater. I was gonna ask for your last shirt, but I won't. Because tonight is a sacred night. It's almost over.”
“Sometimes an insect will evolve to mimic its predator. A fly can look like a spider, a caterpillar can look like a snake. The Judas evolved to mimic its predator... us.”
“We'll evolve into something that transcends matter, into a species of pure thought.”
“You know plants have the ability to target specific threats. Tobacco plants when attacked by heliothis caterpillars will send out a chemical attracting wasps to kill just those caterpillars. We don't know how plants obtain these abilities, they just evolve very rapidly.”
“Look at 'em. They're cattle; pieces of meat. What difference does it make how their world ends? Plague... war... famine. Morality doesn't even enter into it. We're just a function of natural selection, man. The new race.”
“- Sid: Maybe we could rapidly evolve into water creatures.
- Diego: That's genius, Sid.
- Sid: Call me Squid.”
“Young lady, human/insect mutation is far from an exact science.”
“Where there is age there is evolution, where there is life there is growth.”
“Group social life has its place, but at a certain point other biological factors come into play. Our bodies weren't really designed for group social life. A certain amount of pairing off was always part of the original plan.”
“Time to explain evolution to the monkeys.”
“- Ms. Martin: Generic alteration?
- Dr. Glen Thompson: Genetic.
- Ms. Martin: Whatever.”
“- Hammond: Condors are on the verge of extinction! If I were to create a flock of condors on this island, you wouldn't have anything to say!
- Malcolm: This isn't some species that was obliterated by deforestation or the building of a dam. Dinosaurs had their shot and nature selected them for extinction!”
“Monkeys are further down the evolutionary ladder... Just above humans.”
“- Arthur Dent: I have to say, without the beard you look at least 80 years younger.
- Trillian: Well, maybe I'm de-evolving?
- Arthur Dent: Ha ha!
- Trillian: Ha ha!
- Arthur Dent: Well, I should inform you that I don't date single-celled organisms.”