Scott Wilson quotes
“Nothing happens until I make it happen.”
“- Colonel Kane: You're convinced that God is dead because there's evil in the world.
- Captain Cutshaw: Correct.
- Colonel Kane: Then why don't you think He's alive because of the goodness in the world?”
“Infinite goodness is creating a being you know, in advance, is going to complain.”
“See the stars? So cold, so far, and so very lonely. Oh, so lonely. All that space... just... empty space. And so far from home. I've circled round and round this house, orbit after orbit. Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like never to stop, and circle alone up there forever. And what if I got there - got to the moon - and couldn't get back? Sure,...” (continue)(continue reading)
- C.O. Salem: What I resent, is your perfume, however subtle, interfering with the scent of my fine three-dollar-and-seventy-nine-cent cigar, which I will put out this instant if the phallic nature of it happens to offend your goddamn fragile sensibilities! Does it?
- Jordan O'Neil: No, sir.
- C.O. Salem: "No, sir" what?
- Jordan O'Neil: The... (continue)(continue reading)
- Scott Crossfield: You want a pilot to become a balistic missile. And then splash down - possibly get lost at sea.
- Pancho Barnes: See, some peckerwood's gotta get the thing up. And some peckerwood's gotta land the son of a bitch. And that "peckerwood" is called a "pilot".
“You're so dumb you're adorable.”
I don't belong to the "God Is Alive And Hiding In Argentina" club, but I believe in the devil, all right. You know why? Because the prick keeps doing commercials!
“I know my rights, I demand to see my urologist.”
“- Paul Barlow: I'm Paul Barlow. This is my daughter, Jo.
- Malone: Malone.
- Jo Barlow: You got a first name?
- Malone: Yeah.”
“If that were true I would have run off when I was four. Far back as I can remember Pa took a belt to me. I didn't run off. Didn't have no place to go.”
“I think the end of the world just came for that bag of Fritos I had in my pants pocket.”
“- Paul Barlow: When were you in Vietnam?
- Malone: 1961.
- Paul Barlow: That was a little early, wasn't it?
- Malone: Not for what I was supposed to do.”