Shelley Winters quotes
“Whenever you want to marry someone, go have lunch with his ex-wife.”
“Every now and then, when you're on stage, you hear the best sound a player can hear. It's a sound you can't get in movies or television. It is the sound of a wonderful, deep silence that means you've hit them where they live.”
“We had a lot in common. I loved him and he loved him.”
- From the movie: Lolita
- From the movie: The Night of the Hunter
“The boy's as stubborn and as mulish as a sheep.”
- La trovi in Spare Time in Hollywood
“I took tennis lessons faithfully twice a week for six years. When I got married, I brought my young husband, Vittorio Gassman, to the Beverly Hills Tennis Club and, although he had been on the Italian Olympic basketball team, he had never held a tennis racket in his hand. The first time we played, he beat me 6-0. I broke my racket and threw it...” (continue)(continue reading)
- La trovi in Actors' Love Affairs
“In Hollywood all marriages are happy. It's trying to live together afterward that causes the problems.”
“I think nudity onscreen is disgusting, shameful and unpatriotic. But if I were 22, with a great body, it would be artistic, tasteful, patriotic, and a progressive, religious experience.”
- From the movie: The Silence of the Hams
“My son is alive? Who the fuck did I kill?”
- From the movie: Heavy
“- Dolly Modino: You mustn't skip breakfast. It's the most imp... important meal.
- Victor Modino: I'm fat, ma.
- Dolly Modino: You are not fat, you are not. Honey, you're husky, you're... you're well-built, you're macho!
- Victor Modino: I am fat, ma!”