Desmond Llewelyn quotes
“- Q: Stun gas! Effective range, about five feet. Disorientates any normal person for about 30 seconds.
- James Bond: You don't find too many normal people in this business, Q.”
“- Q: We packed the finder with a highly concentrated plastic explosive. Sufficient to remove a door of any safe. Its magnetic. The actuating signal is personalized.
- James Bond: What's my code?
- Q: Most appropriate: A wolf whistle.”
“As long as the producers want me and the Almighty doesn't.”
“What is so brilliant about the gadgets is their simplicity.”
“What you see on the screen is something that you don't have in this world today. You can just sit back and enjoy it.”
“- Q: Pay attention, 007. I've always tried to teach you two things. First, never let them see you bleed.
- James Bond: And the second?
- Q: Always have an escape plan.”
“- James Bond: I trust you can handle this contraption, Q?
- Q: It goes by hot air.
- James Bond: Oh, then you can.”
Something we're making for the Americans. It's called a "Ghetto Blaster".
“- Sir Frederick Gray: My God, what's Bond doing?
- Q: I think he's attempting re-entry, sir.”
“- Q: Right. Now pay attention 007. First, your new car. BMW Agile 54 with gears. All points radar. Self destruct system. And, naturally, all the usual refinements. Now, this I'm particularly proud of - behind the headlights, stinger missiles!
- James Bond: Excellent, just the thing for unwinding after a rough day at the office.
- Q: Need I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Q: Right. Now pay attention, 007. I want you to take great care of this equipment. There are one or two rather special accessories...
- James Bond: Q, have I ever let you down?
- Q: Frequently.”
“- James Bond: I suppose we all have to pay the piper sometime. Right, Q?
- Q: Oh, pipe down, 007!
- James Bond: Was it something I said?
- Q: No, something you destroyed. My fishing boat! For my retirement, away from you!”