Martin Balsam quotes
“- Bennett: We heard shots. What happened?
- Paul Kersey: I sent them a message.”
“I think the average guy has always identified with me.”
“This star thing has never been the first consideration with me. Never. The work has always come first.”
“- Jo Dee Fostar: You know, you look better in pictures.
- Det. Martin Balsam: You should see me in a bikini.”
“- Holly Golightly: I want you to call him and tell him Fred’s a genius. Stop blushing, Fred. You didn’t say you’re a genius, I did. So Quit stalling O.J. Just tell him what you’re going to do to make Fred rich and famous?
- O.J. Berman: Now why don’t you let Fred baby and me settle that, huh, puppy?
- Holly Golightly: Okay. But just remember,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Robocrap. A Japanese version of Robocop.”
“- General Bello: Major, tell me what your favorite weapon is, and I'll get it for you, whatever it is.
- Major Robert Dapes: Brains!”
“- Paul Varjak: Is she or isn’t she what?
- O.J. Berman: A phony.
- Paul Varjak: I don’t know. I don’t think so.
- O.J. Berman: So, you don’t, huh? Well, you’re wrong. She is. Uh, on the
other hand, you’re right, because she’s a real phony. You know why?
Because she honestly believes all this phony junk that she believes in. I
mean it. Now look,...” (continue)(continue reading)
- General Bello: When you're ready, I expect to be called "General".
- Major Robert Dapes: It's important to call people what they are... sir.