Plot – One morning, while George Newton picks the milk and the newspaper up from the nice garden of his clean house in California, a puppy of Saint Bernard slips into the house throughout the open door. It escaped from a dog thief who destroyed the animal shop where the dog was. The puppy greets George’s three sons and although the man wants to give it away, the kids try to convince the parents to keep it. George provisionally welcomes the dog and the kids name it Beethoven. Since the puppy is a troublemaker and destroys everything, George is forced to give it to a kennel, as the vet Herman Varnick suggested. Actually, the shady Varnick wants to use the Saint Bernard as a test animal for his lethal experiments. When the Newtons realize it, they go into action and free Beethoven, along with all the laboratory dogs.
All actors – Charles Grodin, Bonnie Hunt, Dean Jones, Nicholle Tom, Christopher Castile, Sarah Rose Karr, Oliver Platt, Stanley Tucci, David Duchovny, Patricia Heaton, Laurel Cronin, O-Lan Jones, Nancy Fish, Craig Pinkard, Robi Davidson, Sherri Paysinger, Patrick LaBrecque, Jacob Kenner, Matthew Brooks, Chris Little, Lisa Paige Robinson, Cory Danziger, Colleen O'Hara, Nicolas Mize, Maxine Elliott Hicks, Stephanie Durrer, Cirroc Lofton, Chad Morton, Melora Walters, Holly Wortell, Lorraine Marga, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Andres McKenzie, Chris, Richard Portnowshow all
“Beethoven” Quotes 15 quotes
“My family likes you more than they like me! Why? All you do is drool and shed and eat!”
“You'd better think of something to name him 'cause when I come home and he's destroyed my house, I wanna know what to call him.”
“- Harvey: I really don't like it when you tease the dogs.
- Vernon: What are you, some kind of animal lover?”
“- Ted Newton: Do you have any kids?
- Brie: We have a career.”
“No matter how many showers I take, I still smell Beethoven all over me.”
“We're goldfish people, we're antfarm people. We're not dog people.”
“It's a dog, he doesn't have preferences! You could call him Ding-Dong Head and he wouldn't know the difference!”
“- George: Come to our house, we'll barbecue.
- Brie: Barbecue? Okay, let's live dangerously.
- George: Our food may not be great but it's not dangerous.”
“Dogs obey so much better than children.”
“- George: Suddenly, I'm a lousy husband and father. Everything was just fine until Beethoven came into our lives. I've tried to be patient, but I've had it. The dog has to go.
- Alice: I'm proud of Beethoven. Those two idiots insulted your kids, they treated me like dirt, and he was the only one of us who had the nerve to give them the ride they...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Alice: Just change your pants, George.
- George: I'm gonna change my pants, Alice. But if I change my pants, I gotta change my jacket! If I change my jacket, I gotta change my shirt! If I change my shirt, I gotta change my tie! I gotta change my belt! I gotta change my shoes! I gotta change my socks!
- Alice: Just change your pants, George.”