Joseph Gordon-Levitt quotes
“I think this is the greatest freedom that I have gained, the fact that I don't have to worry about what happens tomorrow, because I'm happy with what I've done today.”
“Not a lot of people know what it feels like to be angry, in your bones. I mean, they understand, foster parents, everybody understands, for awhile. Then they want the angry little kid to do something he knows he can't do, move on. So after awhile they stop understanding. They send the angry kid to a boys home. I figured it out too late. You...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Just 'cause you're beautiful, that doesn't mean that you can treat people like they don't matter.”
I find myself in the middle of the wire. And I feel the void. And although a wire-walker should never look down... I do. And it was... It was beautiful. It was calm and beautiful, and serene, and "not-dangerous."
“Now we've shaken the tree. Let's wait and see what falls on our heads.”
“For me, to walk on the wire, this is life. C'est la vie.”
“Terrorism is just an excuse.”
“- Philippe Petit: My head is full of doubts and when it’s time to step on the wire I don’t know if I will be able to take my first step.
- Annie Allix: Your heart will tell you what to do.”
“I would find myself there looking at the void, to see how the thought comes back. How the feeling returns. Because it was a beautiful day.”
“- Saito: If you can steal an idea, why can't you plant one there instead?
- Arthur: Okay, this is me, planting an idea in your mind. I say: don't think about elephants. What are you thinking about?
- Saito: Elephants?
- Arthur: Right, but it's not your idea. The dreamer can always remember the genesis of the idea. True inspiration is impossible...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You ever hear about the Nuremberg trials, Trev? They weren't that long ago. Yeah, well, the big shots were the first trial, but then the next trial were just the judges, and lawyers, and policemen, and guards, and ordinary people just doing their jobs, following orders. That's where we got the Nuremberg principles, which then the UN made into...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Edward Snowden: So, this is data collection for the month of March worldwide, emails and Skype calls. So France, 70 million. Germany, 500 million. Brazil, two billion. Inside the U.S., 3.1 billion emails and calls. That's not including any of the telecom company data.
- NSA Dep. Director Lowell: Okay, so what's the collection in Russia?
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
- News Reporter: Why did you do this?
- Philippe Petit: There is no "why." Just because. When I see a beautiful place to put my wire, I cannot resist.
“- Kyle: They say if you snort some Ritalin, it's a cakewalk!
- Wilee: Sage advice.”
“I was always searching. Looking for the perfect place to hang my wire.”
“You cannot lie on stage, the audience will always know what is inside your heart.”
“- Kara: Could you go then, honey, 'cause I've got this headache.
- Brendan: Try smoking like a chimney, I've heard that helps.”
“I can't work in an office. I don't like wearing suits. I like to ride. Fixed gear, steel frame, no brakes. The bike cannot coast. The pedals never stop turning. Can't stop. Don't want to either.”
“- Philippe Petit: Two magnificent towers, one hundred meters taller than the Eiffel Tower itself. What do you think?
- Annie Allix: I don’t know. It looks so…so…
- Philippe Petit: Beautiful.
- Annie Allix: Beautiful, yes. And dangerous, and completely insane, and you’re a mad man.
- Philippe Petit: Yes, I’m a mad man. But this…this is my...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Wilee: Who are you, man?
- Bobby Monday: I'm the guy you don't fuck with.”