Mediocrity quotes26 mediocrity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“It's a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation.”
“In this life you have to be like everyone else - the perfect mediocrity; no better, no worse. Individuality's a monster and it must be strangled in it's cradle to make our friends feel confident. You know, I've often thought that the gangster and the artist are the same in the eyes of the masses. They are admired and hero-worshipped, but there...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When I think of normal, I think of mediocrity... and mediocrity scares the fuck out of me!”
“Until I came along, all the leading men were handsome, but luckily they wrote a lot of stories about the fellow next door.”
“It's psychotic! People keep coming up with new ways to celebrate mediocrity, but if someone is genuinely exceptional...”
“- Mrs. MacIntyre: You are a poor excuse for a human being!
- Harry Crumb: Says you!”
“In reality, mediocrity is where most people live. Mediocrity is the elephant in the room. It's ubiquitous.”
“Let's send Greg Stillson to the United States Senate - and mediocrity to hell!”
“The role of savior does not suit mediocrity.”
“You're not good enough for her. That's it. That's fact. That's science. Beth McIntyre is like from a whole nother planet, man. She's beautiful, she's charming. And you, I love you, but let's face it: you're kind of a douchebag.”
“One of the most unique things on screen in American movies today is everyday behavior.”
“- Box Boy: How come I never heard of Max Wellington?
- Bill: Maybe because he was great. You never really remember anyone who was great. It's a sad fact of life, Joe. The truly great not only go unremembered, they seldom get hired. It's the mediocre talent that gets all the work. Nobody expects anything from them, and they're never...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Mediocrity in your schools. It's in your dreams. It's in your family. And those of us who know this - those of us who understand the disease of the dull - we do something about it. We do more because we have to.”
“- Martin Barton: Don't test me, Carlotta. I could drown you too easily.
- La Carlotta: Better to be submerged in bath water than mediocrity. Wouldn't you agree?”
- Helen Sinclair: I do plays put on by Balasco, or Sam Harris, not some Yiddish pant salesman turned producer. My ex-husband used to say, "If you're gonna go down, go down with the best of them".
- Sid Loomis: Which ex-husband?
- Helen Sinclair: Oh, I don't know which ex-husband. The one with the moustache.
“If mediocrity were fat, you'd all be whales!”
“Once you start compromising your thoughts, you're a candidate for mediocrity.”
“Mediocrities everywhere... I absolve you... I absolve you... I absolve you... I absolve you... I absolve you all.”
“I will speak for you, Father. I speak for all mediocrities in the world. I am their champion. I am their patron saint.”
“Maybe it's better not to be the best. Then you can lose and it's ok.”
“There are too many mediocre things in life to deal with and love shouldn't be one of them.”