“The Impostors” quotes(1998)
Stanley Tucci directed this movie in 1998
Title The Impostors
Director Stanley Tucci
Director Stanley Tucci
Plot – Maurice and Arthur are two unemployed actors who collide with Jeremy Burtom, a mediocre but successful actor. Chased by police, Maurice and Arthur end up on a ship which is about to sail. The other passengers are fleeing from something as well. Onboard, it seems a bomb is about to explode, causing panic among the passengers, but the bomber asks each person to not hide the real identity. In the end Maurice and Arthur are acclaimed.
All actors – Oliver Platt, Stanley Tucci, Walker Jones, Jessica Walling, David Lipman, E. Katherine Kerr, George Guidall, William Hill, Alfred Molina, Michael Emerson, Jack O'Connell, Matt Malloyshow all
“The Impostors” Quotes 16 quotes
“- Mr. Sparks, the Tennis Pro: Perhaps we should wrestle sometime. Do you like the taut roundness that exercise brings to the buttocks?
- Maurice: Yeah.
- Mr. Sparks, the Tennis Pro: Do you enjoy the warmth of the Mediterranean sun on that self-same place? I once wrestled a man on the steps of the Acropolis, when the sun was at its height,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We don't find death. It finds us.”
“People are afraid of poverty, of war, of pestilence, of not knowing who they are or what they want, of dogs, and I say - Don't! Don't fear these things! They're not real. You want something to fear? Do you know what to fear? Love. Fear love. Love is real and it is terrifying.”
“- Arthur: Oh, no! We're going to die! We're going to...
- Maurice: Don't you see? This will be your great dramatic death!
- Arthur: I don't want a real one!”
“The danger of the chase has made you perspire. It has made me also... moist.”
“My point is, sir, that you would not know a good creampuff if it jumped up and licked you on the ass.”
“- Maurice: To life.
- Arthur: And its many deaths.”
“- Maxine: Do you love me, Johnny?
- Johnny Leguard: Like a bee loves honey.”
“All my life, I look for a woman I once loved. Almond eyes, and the mouth of a cherub.”
“- Mr. Sparks, the Tennis Pro: Are either of you Greek?
- Arthur: No.
- Maurice: Well, yes, actually I'm half-Greek.
- Mr. Sparks, the Tennis Pro: Top half or bottom half?”