“Blues Brothers 2000” quotes(1997)
Plot – Elwood Blues is free after many years spent in prison and finds out that a lot of things have changed. His brother Jake is dead, his music group doesn’t exist anymore and the orphanage where he grew up has been destroyed. The only relative he has is a kind of step-brother called Cabel, the son of the orphanage’s guardian. Elwood meets up with Cabel, but he is the Chicago’s harsh police’s chief and doesn’t want to be related to Elwood. He turns to Sister Mary, who’s looking for a foster parent for Buster, a 10-year-old orphan. Elwood takes care of him and understands that it is time to recreate the old music group and shine again. However, the members have to face many difficulties, such as Cabel’s policemen and the Muscovite Mafia. After some ups-and-downs, the band participates to the traditional competition in Louisiana. The old rivals win the first prize, but the music group improvises something anyway, until Sister Mary and the police arrive: at that point, Elwood and Buster run away chased by the police.
All actors – Walter Levine, Dan Aykroyd, Tom Davis, Frank Oz, Shann Johnson, B.B. King, Kathleen Freeman, J. Evan Bonifant, Gloria Slade, Joe Morton, Jennifer Irwin, Junior Wellsshow all
“Blues Brothers 2000” Quotes 10 quotes
“- Queen Mousette: Do something Caribbean.
- Elwood Blues: Uh, ma'am, we're the Blues Brothers. We do blues, rhythm & blues, jazz, funk, soul. We can handle rock, pop, country, heavy metal, fusion, hip hop, rap, Motown, operetta, showtunes. In fact, we've even been called upon, on occasion, to do a polka! However Caribbean is a type of music, I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Buster Blues: You're not the Elwood Blues I know. The Elwood Blues I know once said that no pharmaceutical product could ever equal the rush you get when the band hits that groove; the people are dancin', and shoutin', and swayin'; and the house is rockin'!
- Elwood Blues: Yeah, that was me.
- Buster Blues: The music, man. You know you miss...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Depart now and you forever separate yourselves from the vital American legacies of Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Willie Dixon, Jimmy Reed, Memphis Slim, Blind Boy Fuller, Louie Jordon, Little Walter, Big Walter, Sonnyboy Williamson I and II, Otis Redding, Jackie Wilson, Elvis Presley, Lieber and Stoller, and Robert K. Weiss.”
“- Mighty Mack: The suit's real neat, but do I have to wear the hat?
- Elwood Blues: These are unsophisticated men. They only respond to fear and the draw of lucre. We elicit this by using iconographic symbols, and psychological intimidation. The way we look together presents a uniform image of strength and organization. Don't say anything. Look...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Stay away from drugs, gangs, and cyberporn on the Internet and you can be President of the United States some day.”
“- Mother Mary Stigmata: Before Curtis came to us at St. Helen of the Blessed Shroud he had a musical group that toured the joints of the Mid West. In one town Curtis had an affair... with a married woman.
- Elwood Blues: Go Curtis! I mean... that's terrible.
- Mother Mary Stigmata: That's what I thought you meant.”
“- Mighty Mack: Elwood, they have automatic weapons.
- Elwood Blues: Look in the glove compartment.
- Mighty Mack: Carpet Tacks! They have guns and we have carpet tacks.
- Elwood Blues: They're not carpet tacks. They're dry-wall nails.”