“Sister Act” quotes(1992)
Plot – A night clubs’ singer called Deloris accidentally witnesses a murder accomplished by his ex-lover’s boss and reports him to the police. She hides in a convent dressed as a nun to protect herself. At the beginning, she is a bit confused by all the rituals, but then she transforms the crumbling choir of nuns in an extraordinary vocal ensemble that draws believers to the church again.
All actors – Whoopi Goldberg, Maggie Smith, Kathy Najimy, Wendy Makkena, Mary Wickes, Harvey Keitel, Bill Nunn, Robert Miranda, Richard Portnow, Ellen Albertini Dow, Carmen Zapata, Pat Crawford Brown, Prudence Wright Holmes, Georgia Creighton, Susan Johnson, Ruth Kobart, Susan Browning, Darlene Koldenhoven, Sheri Izzard, Edith Diaz, Beth Fowler, Rose Parenti, Joseph Maher, Jim Beaver, Jenifer Lewis, Charlotte Crossley, A.J. Johnson, Desreta Jackson, Zatella Beatty, Skye Bassett, Lois De Banzie, Isis Carmen Jones, Max Grodénchik, Joseph G. Medalis, Michael Durrell, Robert Jimenez, Toni Kalem, Kevin Bourland, David Boyce, Tim Pedegana, Terry Wills, David Parker, Nicky Katt, Mike Jolly, Jeremy Roberts, Eugene Greytak, Al Finney, , Jeanne Basone, Guy Boyd, Aric Cushing, Jacquelyn Twodat Jackson, Alexander Kanellakos, Mário Lara, Terriel Lara, Lisa Lucas, Gary Rodriguezshow all
“Sister Act” Quotes 15 quotes
“- Mother Superior: She isn't a nun. Her real name is Deloris van Cartier. She witnessed a vicious murder and has been hiding in our convent.
- Choir Nun: She... she lied to us?
- Mary Patrick: She wasn't a nun?
- Mary Robert: But she made us sing so perfectly!
- Mary Patrick: Now that should have tipped us...”
“- Deloris: We could pack this joint.
- Mother Superior: Through blasphemy? You have corrupted the entire choir!
- Deloris: How can you say that? I worked my butt off with these women! They've given up their free time to do this, and they're good! I mean, sister, we could, we could rock this place!
- Mother Superior: Out of the question!”
“- Eddie Souther: Mrs. Van Cartier? You're Vince LaRocca's girlfriend, right?
- Deloris: Well you could... sort of... maybe... it depends on how you look at it! I mean, the guy just tried to kill me so I don't think that cements our relationship!
- Eddie Souther: You realize he's a major underworld figure, don't you?
- Clarkson: He's into drug...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bishop O'Hara: You took a vow of hospitality for all in need.
- Mother Superior: I lied.”
“- Vince LaRocca: How can you let them grill me there for six hours?
- Larry Merrick: I can't control how long they're gonna question you.
- Vince LaRocca: Did you go to law school, Harry?
- Larry Merrick: Yeah, I went to law school, Vince.
- Vince LaRocca: Did you graduate?
- Larry Merrick: Hey, I'm a lawyer, of course I graduated.”
“- Willy: What is she doin'?
- Joey: Oh, my God. She's prayin'.
- Deloris: Lord, I want you to forgive Willy and Joey, because they know not what they do. They're only doin' what Vince told 'em to do, because Vince is too chicken to do it himself! So he's called upon these two men to take care of his business! So I want you to forgive them, Lord.”
“- Mother Superior: Girl groups? Boogie-woogie on the piano? What were you thinking?
- Deloris: I was thinkin' more like Vegas, y'know, get some butts in the seats.
- Mother Superior: And what next? Popcorn? Curtain calls? This is not a theater or a casino.
- Deloris: Yeah, but that's the problem. See, people like going to theaters, and they like...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Deloris: There's nothing wrong with my life. You know, before I came here, I had a career, I had friends, I had clothing that fit. Before I came here, I was okay.
- Mother Superior: Oh, really? From what I've heard, your singing career was almost non-existent, and your married lover wants you dead. If you're fooling anyone, it is only...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Eddie Souther: Nice church, huh?
- Deloris: Yes, very nice. Look, what am I gonna be? Quasimodo in the belfry? What is this?
- Eddie Souther: I want you to stay here for a while.
- Deloris: Where?
- Eddie Souther: In the convent. It's the safest place in the world. You think Vince is gonna look for you in a convent?”
“- Joey: Vince, we can't waste a nun.
- Vince LaRocca: What are you two nuts talking about? It's Deloris, in a costume.
- Willy: How do you know she didn't sign up and become one of them when she was there? Things like this happen.
- Vince LaRocca: Because I know this woman. In the biblical sense and she ain't no nun.”
“- Biker #2: Wanna dance, sister?
- Deloris: Why? You don't have any rhythm.”
“- Vince LaRocca: She's a broad. Y'got it? Just a broad!
- Mother Superior: I guarantee you she is no broad! She is Sister Mary Clarence of St. Katherine's Convent. She's a model of generosity, virtue, and love! You have my word for it, gentlemen, she is a nun!
- Willy: Ya hear that? Now, aren't you glad we didn't shoot her?”
“- Deloris:There's gotta be something around here I can do that's not gonna chip my nails or annoy anybody.
- Mother Superior: You're right, Mary Clarence. To err is human, to forgive divine. You may stay. But I shall restrict your activities to a single task.
- Deloris: What's that?
- Mother Superior: Singing. You will join the choir.”