“- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: They're not the kinda guys who write letters. You were outside, I was inside. You were supposed to keep in touch with the band. I kept asking you if we were gonna play again.
- Elwood Blues: Well, what was I gonna do? Take away your only hope? Take away the very thing that kept you going in there? I took the liberty of...” (continue) (continue reading)
“The Blues Brothers” quotes(1980)
Plot – Jake Blues has just come out of jail. Elwood, his brother, explains that if they can’t find $50,000 as a payment to the Tax Office within a few days the Chicago orphanage where they grew up will be closed. At the Rhythm'n'Blues mass of Reverend James Brown, Jake has an idea: he wants to recreate the old "Blues Brothers Band" and organize a concert to pay the arrears of taxes with the income. Easier said than done, of course.
All actors – John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, James Brown, Cab Calloway, Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Steve Cropper, Donald Dunn, Murphy Dunne, Willie Hall, Tom Malone, Lou Marini, Matt Murphy, Alan Rubin, Carrie Fisher, Henry Gibson, John Candy, Kathleen Freeman, Steve Lawrence, Twiggy, Frank Oz, Jeff Morris, Charles Napier, Steven Williams, Armand Cerami, Tom Erhart, Gerald Walling, Walter Levine, Alonzo Atkins, Chaka Khan, Stephen Bishop, John Landis, Kristi Oleson, Gary McLarty, Joe Cuttone, Layne Britton, Toni Fleming, Judith Belushi-Pisano, Rosie Shuster, Paul Reubens, Ben Piazza, Gwen Banta, Lari Taylor, Cindy Fisher, Elizabeth Hoy, Tony M. Conde, Eugene J. Anthony, Dean Hill, Gary Houston, Jack Orend, Gene Schuldt, Charles Mountain, John Lee Hooker, Walter Horton, Pinetop Perkins, Willie 'Big Eyes' Smith, Luther 'Guitar Jr.' Johnson, Calvin 'Fuzz' Jones, Carolyn Franklin, Brenda Bryant Corbett, Margaret Branch, De'voreaux White, Sheilah Wells, Lou Perryman, Stan Mazin, Russ Bruzek, Blair Burrows, Jack Callahan, Gene Janson, Gil Pearson, Aaron Jais, Lemetrius Daniels, Jeff Cahill, Curt Clendenin, Steve Cruz, Leonard Daniels, Sean Hayden, Babatunde Myers, Gary Patzik, J. Bernard Walton, Butch Williams, Wally Engelhardt, Michael Klenfner, Ralph Foody, Leonard R. Garner Jr., Andrew Goodman, Eddy Donno, Steven Spielberg, Joe Walsh, Shirley Levine, , Paul Butler, James Avery, Philip Bartlett, David Daniel, Raven De La Croix, Michael DeBartolo, James DuMont, Tony Farella, Ryan Folsey, Walter Grant III, Kevin Huotari, D'Janine King-Lasky, Cynthia Kinman, Norman Matlock, Richard Morava, Mr. T, Joni Palmer, Vicki Petite, John Ring, Steven Rozic, Paul Swearingen, Bill Telfershow all
“The Blues Brothers” Quotes 17 quotes
“- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: [fakes accent] How much for the little girl? How much for the women?
- Father: What?
- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: Your women. I want to buy your women. The little girl, your daughters... sell them to me. Sell me your children!”
“- Elwood Blues: What kind of music do you usually have here?
- Claire: Oh, we got both kinds. We got country and western.”
“No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! It wasn't my fault, I swear to God!”
“- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: Bring me four fried chickens and a Coke.
- Mrs. Murphy: You want chicken wings or chicken legs?
- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: Four fried chickens and a Coke.”
“One Timex digital watch, broken. One unused prophylactic.
[looks disgusted, picks something up with his pen]
- Elwood Blues: You promised you'd visit the "Penguin" the day you got out of prison.
- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: Yeah... so I lied to her.
- Elwood Blues: You can't lie to a nun, Jake. We're gonna go in, and see the "Penguin".
“- Murphy 'Murph' Dunne: Tell me a little about this electric piano, Ray.
- Ray: Ah, you have a good eye, my man. That's the best in the city of Chicago.
- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: How much?
- Jay: 2000 bucks and it's yours. You can take it home with you. As a matter of fact, I'll throw in the black keys for free.”
“They're not going to catch us; We're on a mission from God.”
“- Elwood Blues: I'll have some toasted white bread please.
- Mrs. Murphy: You want butter or jam on that toast, honey?
- Elwood Blues: No ma'am, dry.”
“- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: What the hell is this?
- Elwood Blues: This was a bargain. I picked it up at the Mount Prospect city police auction last spring. It's an old Mount Prospect police car. They were practically giving 'em away.
- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: Well thank you, pal. The day I get outta prison, my own brother picks me up in a police car!”
“- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: How often does the train go by?
- Elwood Blues: So often that you won't even notice it.”
“- Elwood Blues: It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
[a brief thinking pause while Jake attempts to light a cigarette]
- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: Fix the...” (continue) (continue reading)