“Capricorn One” quotes(1977)
Plot – The NASA is about to launch a spacecraft to Mars and the mission is commanded by Charles Brubaker. Astronauts Peter Willis and John Walker participate and their superiors are aware the spaceship might suffer a malfunction but they blackmail the astronauts to leave. In fact, the spaceship explodes and the astronauts die. The government and the NASA prepare the funerals of the men, but Brubaker is still alive. The commander shows himself in front of his superiors on the day of his funeral.
All actors – Elliott Gould, James Brolin, Brenda Vaccaro, Sam Waterston, O.J. Simpson, Hal Holbrook, Karen Black, Telly Savalas, David Huddleston, David Doyle, Lee Bryant, Denise Nicholasshow all
“Capricorn One” Quotes 11 quotes
“- Kay Brubaker: You haven't found what you're looking for. You're embarrassed about bothering me again. However, there are one or two questions more you'd like to ask me. It's something personal and you won't bother me any more.
- Robert Caulfield: I haven't found what I'm looking for. I feel embarrassed about bothering you again. However, there...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Robert Caulfield: Mr Albaine, how much do you charge to dust a field?
- Albain: Twenty five dollars.
- Robert Caulfield: I'd like to hire your plane.
- Albain: That'll be a hundred dollars.
- Robert Caulfield: You said you charged twenty five?
- Albain: Twenty five dollars to dust a field, but you ain't got no field because you ain't no farmer...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Robert Caulfield: You wouldn't know sincerity if it ran over you.
- Judy Drinkwater: Not if you were driving it.”
When a reporter tells his assignment editor that he thinks he may be on to something that could be really big, the assignment editor is supposed to say: "You've got forty eight hours, kids, and you better come up with something good or it's going to be your neck!" That's what he's supposed to say, I saw it in a movie.
“- Charles Brubaker: We... are dead. We are dead.
- Peter Willis: Shit. I was such a terrific guy.”
“- Robert Caulfield: A&A Crop Dusting Service.
- Albain: You wanna know who I am?
- Robert Caulfield: I bet you're one of the A's.
- Albain: But which one? I bet you can't answer that question, smartass.
- Robert Caulfield: The first one.
- Albain: Wrong.”
“- Vice President Price: Hollis, there are a number of people who feel that we have problems right here on Earth that merit our attention before we spend billions on outer space.
- Hollis Peaker: There are a number of people who feel that there are no more pressing problems than our declining position in world leadership.”
“There are people out there, forces out there, who have a lot to lose.”