Earth quotes100 earth quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I thought the earth wasn't supposed to move until the honeymoon.”
“- McCroskey: Jacobs, I want to know absolutely everything that's happened up till now.
- Jacobs: Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Listen up, cause I'm only telling you this once. I'm not bedtime story lady, so pay attention. It's 2033. The world is screwed now. You see, a while ago this humongous comet came crashing into the earth. Bam, total devastation. End of the world as we know it. No celebrities, no cable TV, no water. It hasn't rained in 11 years. Now 20 people...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sharks pre-date dinosaurs. They survived four mass extinction events. And in just this one generation that I've been alive, we've cut down their numbers by about 90%.”
“The Blue Whale is the biggest creature on the planet, bigger than any dinosaur ever. Just like dinosaurs, they're going extinct.”
“The whole world is singing, clicking, grinding, whistling, and thumping... but we've stopped listening.”
“I'm afraid we didn't do a very good job of looking after the place while you were away.”
“In our galaxy alone, there are billions of stars, each one a sun to its own solar system. And most of those suns have planets, so it stands to reason that of these hundreds of billions of exoplanets that exist in our galaxy, at least one of them has the potential to support life.”
“Don’t worry, you can’t crush a soul here. That’s what life on earth is for.”
“- Tony Stark: You're from Earth?
- Peter Quill: I'm not from Earth, I'm from Missouri.
- Tony Stark: Yeah, that's on Earth, dipshit!”
“- Gamora: You murdered half the planet.
- Thanos: A small price to pay for salvation.
- Gamora: You're insane.
- Thanos: Little one, it's a simple calculus. This universe is finite, its resources, finite. If life is left unchecked, life will cease to exist. It needs correcting.
- Gamora: You don't know that!
- Thanos: I'm the only one who knows...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Deke Slayton: Why do you think space flight is important?
- Neil Armstrong: I had a few opportunities in the X-15 to observe the atmosphere. It was so thin, such a small part of the Earth that you could barely see it at all. And when you're down here in the crowd and you look up, it looks pretty big and you don't think about it too much. But...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Fate has ordained that the men who went to the moon to explore in peace will stay on the moon to rest in peace. These brave men, Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin, know there is no hope for their recovery. They will be mourned by their families; they will be mourned by a Mother Earth that dared send two of her sons into the unknown... Others will...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Quintessa: Optimus, it is time you knew the truth. The place you call Earth has another name: Unicron.
- Optimus Prime: Earth... Unicron? Cybertron's ancient enemy?
- Quintessa: Yes. You are going to kill him. With my staff, we will drain the very life from Unicron. Earth will die. And your world will be reborn... Nemesis Prime.”
“Such a pretty world. I can't wait until it's all mine.”
“- Reed Richards: Exposure to a high energy cosmic storm could advance our knowledge of planetary life.
- Victor Von Doom: Same old Reed, always stretching, reaching for the stars.”
“Apathetic bloody planet. I've no sympathy at all.”
“- Jake Lawson: Can't spend the money if there's no planet left.
- Duncan Taylor: We'll be saving all the best bits of the planet.”