“The Warriors” quotes(1979)
Plot – In New York City, during a night with no moon, all the gangs of the neighborhoods gather themselves in a Bronx park. The guys meet by word of mouth, arriving from every NY area. Every gang is dressed up with its uniform. Cyrus, the leader of the 'Riffs', is a charismatic guy praised by everyone. He wants all the gangs to unite their forces to challenge the police and the organized crime.
All actors – Michael Beck, James Remar, Dorsey Wright, Brian Tyler, David Harris, Tom McKitterick, Marcelino Sánchez, Terry Michos, Deborah Van Valkenburgh, Roger Hill, David Patrick Kelly, Lynne Thigpenshow all
“The Warriors” Quotes 39 quotes
“Warriors, come out to play-i-ay.”
“You, you think the Orphans ain't with it? You, you think the Orphans ain't well known?”
“Okay, let’s get down to it boppers. We’re gonna have to do better out there. Our friends just made it past one of the minor league teams. Remember boppers, be lookin’ good.”
“- Cowboy: Okay, what are we gonna do now?
- Swan: We're going back.
- Vermin: You mind tellin' me how? Fuckin' Coney Island must be 50 to 100 miles from here!
- Swan: It's the only choice we got.
- Cochise: Yeah, real simple. Except that every cop in this city is lookin' to bust our heads.
- Swan: We got somethin' else to think about then the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“This is what we fought all night to get back to?”
“- Vermin: We’re gonna get japped here, we’re gonna get japped.
- Swan: No matter what he says, nobody lip off, nobody get hot, I’m gonna see what I can do.
- Ajax: When did you turn into a fucking diplomat?
- Vermin: Yeah, you ain’t exactly the state department type!
- Swan: Fox, you come with me.
- Orphan Leader: Maybe you outha show me your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Cowboy: You never know what you're gonna run into out there. If we're wearing our colors, we can't hide.
- Vermin: Who wants to hide?”
“You see what you get, Warriors? You see what you get when you mess with the Orphans?”
“- Cropsey, Rogue Lieutenant: Well?
- Luther: Some two-bit outfit almost got them, but they bopped their way past.
- Cropsey, Rogue Lieutenant: We can meet them at the 96th street station.
- Luther: Yeah, platforms probably crawling with cops!
- Cropsey, Rogue Lieutenant: Cops are trying to rack up every gang in this town!
- Luther: Yeah, you and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ajax: Maybe we’ll get to waste a few heads along the way.
- Cleon: You just soldier and keep your mouth shut.”
“- Mercy: See that guy? Over there! He's after you, and he's got some guys with him.
- Swan: I know they're on my ass, but now they know I know it.”
“I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle.”
“- Cochise: When you're president of the biggest gang in the city, you don't have to take any shit.
- Ajax: Ah, fuck him!”
“- Cleon: Swan, you're the second-in-command, the war-chief; you stay by me. Snow, you're the music man. Cowboy, you soldier the middle. Vermin, you're the bearer; carry the tokens and the bread. Rembrandt, got the stuff?
- Cleon: Now, I want you to hit everything in the city. I want people to know that the Warriors were there.”
“- Swan: If you get separated, make it to the platform at Union Square. That's where we changetrains.
- Ajax: I only got one question. Who named you leader? I got just as much right to take over as you.
- Fox: It was Cleon's choice, Swan's war chief.
- Ajax: Well, right about now, Cleon's most likely got a nightstick shoved halfway up his ass!”
“- Candy Store Girl: Hey, what about the money you owe?
- Luther: [shouts] For what?”
“- Cochise: We're going in there with nothing?
- Snow: We're going like everybody else: nine guys, no weapons.”
“- Mercy: Well maybe I’m lookin’ for some real action.
- Vermin: Well what about me, I got the big one!
- Ajax: I’ll give it to you baby.
- Swan: Let her go!
- Mercy: You gonna jump me?
- Swan: Maybe we ought to put a train on you. You look like you might even like it.
- Mercy: Fuck you!
- Swan: Real tough chick.”