“Fierce Creatures” quotes(1997)
Plot – Ruthless media mogul Rod McCain has no scruples and buys the british zoo Marwood. Determined to turn the quaint little zoo into a big attraction in order to increase his earnings, McCain sends his lecherous son Vince and Willa to follow the project. There they discover that Rollo, Marwood's director, has just launched his personal bizzarre plan to increase visitors' flow. According to the new policy, the zoo will eliminate all its charming and cute pets, which will be replaced by wild creatures and dangerous animals. The situation begins to degenerate when the zookeepers, led by the insects' expert "Bugsy" Malone, launch a resounding revolt to save their furry friends.
All actors – John Cleese, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Kline, Michael Palin, Ronnie Corbett, Carey Lowell, Robert Lindsay, Bille Brown, Derek Griffiths, Cynthia Cleese, Richard Ridings, Maria Aitkenshow all
“Fierce Creatures” Quotes 14 quotes
“I think the whole Octopus philosophy is poison. The only aim of any and every McCain business is to downsize and halve the quality, to make enough money to acquire another business to downsize and halve the quality, to make enough money to acquire another business to downsize, without ever running a single one of them really well.”
“- Willa Weston: Why do you work for us, Rollo?
- Rollo Lee: Cowardice?”
“- Sydney Small Mammals: Please, this is a wild animal! You get too close, it'll give you a nasty nip!
- Rollo Lee: A safety pin would give me a nasty nip, Lotterby. I'll tell you what fierce is, fierce is biting the whole hand off!”
“- Vince McCain: What about a small advance on my inheritance?
- Rod McCain: What inheritance?
- Vince McCain: I'm your son! You have to leave me something.
- Rod McCain: Why?
- Vince McCain: 'Cause you screwed up my whole childhood!
- Rod McCain: How could I have? I wasn't even there.”
- Willa Weston: You know what you are? You're pronoid.
- Vince McCain: "Pronoid"?
- Willa Weston: It means that contrary to all the available evidence, you actually think that people like you. Your perception of life is that it's one long benefit dinner in your honor with everybody cheering you on and wanting you to win everything. You think... (continue)(continue reading)
“If anyone ever raises the question of quality, they're immediately attacked as an elitist, because at Octopus it's considered morally offensive to talk about anything but money. All so that Mr. Rod McCain can feel a little more powerful every day.”
“- Willa Weston: What about the quality of the experience?
- Vince McCain: No, Rod says quality has never worked for him.
- Willa Weston: Right! Everything he touches gets tackier.
- Vince McCain: That's the price of success.”
“- Rollo Lee: Starting with his father's radio stations in New Zealand, he has built up a global empire currently worth more than six billion dollars... and growing.
- Bugsy Malone: How much does he want in the end? How much bigger does he want to get?
- Rollo Lee: Well, there aren't any limits. He wants growth.”
“No one's ever been attacked by one of those, Lotterby, or if they have been, they never noticed.”
“Is there a history of insanity in your family?”