“A Fish Called Wanda” quotes(1988)
Plot – Ken’s apartment is the base of a colossal diamond robbery. In the gang there are George, the boss and creator of the blow, his mistress Wanda and a madman named Otto. After the robbery, Wanda and Otto cause George’s arrest, but the safe where the diamonds should be is empty. Archie, George’s lawyer, has to go into action.
All actors – John Cleese, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Kline, Michael Palin, Maria Aitken, Tom Georgeson, Patricia Hayes, Geoffrey Palmer, Cynthia Cleese, Mark Elwes, Neville Phillips, Peter Jonfield, Ken Campbell, Al Ashton, Roger Hume, Roger Brierley, Llewellyn Rees, Michael Percival, Kate Lansbury, Robert Ian Mackenzie, Andrew MacLachlan, Roland MacLeod, Jeremy Child, Pamela Miles, Tom Pigott Smith, Katherine John, Sophie Johnstone, Kim Barclay, Sharon Twomey, Patrick Newman, David Simeon, Imogen Bickford-Smith, Tia Lee, Robert Putt, Waydon Croft, John Dixon, Anthony Pedley, Robert McBain, Clare McIntyre, Charu Bala Chokshi, Stephen Fry, John Bird, Robert Goodmanshow all
“A Fish Called Wanda” Quotes 18 quotes
“- Wanda Gershwitz: I want you to know something Otto.
- Otto: What?
- Wanda Gershwitz: Even if you were my brother I'd still want to fuck you.”
“I'll be right back, take your clothes off.”
Wanda, do you have any idea what it's like being English? Being so correct all the time, being so stifled by this dread of, of doing the wrong thing, of saying to someone "are you married?" and hearing "my wife left me this morning", or saying, uh, "do you have children?" and being told they all burned to death on Wednesday. You see, Wanda,... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Otto: Don't call me stupid.
- Wendy: Why on earth not?
- Otto: Oh, you English are so superior, aren't you? Well, would you like to know what you'd be without us, the good ol' U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's what! So don't call me stupid, lady. Just thank me.”
“- Otto: Don't call me stupid.
- Wanda Gershwitz: Oh, right! To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep that could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs. But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?
- Otto: Apes don't read philosophy.
- Wanda Gershwitz: Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it.”
“- Wanda Gershwitz: Let's make love.
- Archie Leach: Well, if you absolutely insist...”
Now let me correct you on a couple of things, Ok? Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not "Every man for himself". And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up.
“- Wanda Gershwitz: What about my tits?
- Otto: Does he get to handle them?
- Wanda Gershwitz: Yes, he does. That's my forecast and I'll stand by it.
- Otto: Would this also involve... nuzzling?
- Wanda Gershwitz: Yes, I think three million dollars is worth a bit of nuzzling. Fifty percent chance of that.”
“I love robbing the English, they're so polite.”
“- Otto: You pompous, stuck-up, snot-nosed, English, giant, twerp, scumbag, fuck-face, dickhead, asshole.
- Archie Leach: How very interesting. You're a true vulgarian, aren't you?
- Otto: You are the vulgarian, you fuck.”
“- Wanda Gershwitz: You just wanted to get me into bed.
- Archie Leach: I fell in love with you.
- Wanda Gershwitz: How come you dumped me then.
- Archie Leach: I wasn't rich enough, remember.”
If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German! Singing "Deutschland, Deutschland über alles".
“- Wanda Gershwitz: Archie? Do you speak Italian?
- Archie Leach: I am Italian! Sono italiano in spirito. Ma ho sposato una donna che preferisce lavorare in giardino a fare l'amore appassionato. Uno sbaglio grande! But it's such an ugly language. How about... Russian?”
“I was dealing with something delicate, Otto. I'm setting up a guy who's incredibly important to us, who's going to tell me where the loot is and if they're going to come and arrest you. And you come loping in like Rambo without a jockstrap and you dangle him out a fifth-floor window. Now, was that smart? Was it shrewd? Was it good tactics? Or...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Wanda Gershwitz: What are you thinking, Archie?
- Archie Leach: I'm just trying to think of one good reason why I should take you to South America with me.
- Wanda Gershwitz: How about... because I have the key to the safety deposit box?
- Archie Leach: That's a... good reason.”