“Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within” quotes(2001)
Plot – In a near future, planet Earth is devastated by the aliens. A young fighter observes the apocalyptic and fascinating vision of Times Square burned to the ground. All around, the city is surrounded by huge defensive barriers to contain the aliens. The girl is alone, surrounded by clouds of dust. She's about to leave in search of a miracle. Only thanks to courage, love and dedication the planet can be saved.
All actors – Ming-Na Wen, Alec Baldwin, Ving Rhames, Steve Buscemi, Peri Gilpin, Donald Sutherland, James Woods, Keith David, Jean Simmons, Matt McKenzie, John DeMita, Matt Adlershow all
“Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within” Quotes 13 quotes
“You've been trying to tell me that death isn't the end. Don't back out on me now that I believe.”
- General Hein: Report any aberrant behavior in Dr. Ross to the Major immediately.
- Grey: "Aberrant behavior", sir?
- General Hein: The woman carries an alien infection. It may be clouding her judgment. They may be manipulating her for their very own purposes.
- Grey: Is the General suggesting Dr. Ross is a spy?
- General Hein: The General is... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Neil: Looks like you've gained some weight.
- Jane Proudfoot: It's called upper body strength, Neil. Get a girlfriend.
- Neil: I'm working on it.”
“- Doctor Sid: Stay away from your friend the Captain. You save his life, he saves yours, one thing leads to another... I was young once too.
- Doctor Aki Ross: Doctor, there's a war going on. Nobody's young anymore.”
“- Gray: What's going on down there?
- Jane Proudfoot: Nothing we can't handle.”
“I told her that she wasn't dying, just returning to the Earth's spirit. To Gaia. She... told me that she was ready to die. She said I didn't have to make up stories to make her feel better. Only seven years old and ready to die.”
“- Doctor Aki Ross: I just... I don't know how much time I have left.
- Grey: Who does?”
“- Doctor Aki Ross: All life is born of Gaia and each life has a spirit. Each new spirit is housed in a physical body. Doctor?
- Doctor Sid: Go on.
- Doctor Aki Ross: Through their experiences on Earth, each spirit matures and grows. When the physical body dies, the mature spirit, enriched by its life on Earth, returns to Gaia, bringing with it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I want that life I have left to mean something.”