Heresy quotes12 heresy quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Marty McFly: I'm sorry, Doc. It's all my fault you're stuck back there. I never should have let Biff get to me!
- Dr. Emmett Brown: Well, there are plenty worse places to be than the Old West. I could've ended up in the Dark Ages. They probably would have burned me at the stake as a heretic or something.”
“- Young Pastor: You speak blasphemy, sir.
- Man in the Yellow Suit: Fluently.”
“I never knew Japan when it was a country of light, but I have never known it to be as dark as it is now. All our progress has ended in new persecution, new repression, new suffering. They use ladles filled with holes so the drops would come out slowly, and the pain would be prolonged. Each small splash of the water was like a burning coal. The...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- William of Baskerville: You will not eliminate laughter by eliminating that book.
- Jorge de Burgos: No, to be sure, laughter will remain the common man's recreation. But what will happen if, because of this book, learned men were to pronounce it admissable to laugh at everything? Can we laugh at God? The world would relapse into chaos!”
“I spat at God once. Never again.”
“- William of Baskerville: She is already burnt flesh, Adso. Bernardo Gui has spoken: she is a witch.
- Adso of Melk: But that's not true, and you know it!
- William of Baskerville: I know. I also know that anyone who disputes the verdict of an Inquisitor is guilty of heresy.”
“Witches in days gone by were roasted just like my Vienna sausage.”
“Heresy is determined by which end of the sword you're at. Now don't be boring or I might have to sort a few of you out. Beowulf is good at that, sorting out the trouble makers.”
“- Jack Crow: Why don't you just kill me and get it over with?
- Cardinal Alba: Because you are needed, Jack. The ceremony is a re-enactment of the original exorcism. It requires the blood of a crusader and his crucifixion upon a burning cross. The climax of the ceremony must coincide with the first rays of the rising sun. Sorry, Jack.”
“- Rabbi: That is blasphemy.
- Jesus: Didn't they tell you? I am the saint of blasphemy. Don't make any mistakes, I didn't come here to bring peace, I came to bring a sword!
- Rabbi: Talking like that will get you killed.
- Jesus: Me, killed? Listen to me. This temple will be torn down in three days, torn down to the ground!”