“Finding Forrester” quotes(2000)
Plot – William Forrester is a senior writer who has published a single great novel when he was 23. Since then he has begun a lonely life and has been watching the world from his apartment in the Bronx. Jamal is an African-American poor boy and a basketball genius who studies in Manhattan. Jamal is a budding novelist too and he finds in Forrester the ideal literature teacher and a sort of second father.
All actors – Sean Connery, Rob Brown, F. Murray Abraham, Anna Paquin, Busta Rhymes, April Grace, Michael Pitt, Michael Nouri, Richard Easton, Glenn Fitzgerald, Lil' Zane, Stephanie Berry, Fly Williams III, Damany Mathis, Damion Lee, Tom Kearns, Matthew Noah Word, Charles Bernstein, Matt Malloy, Matt Damon, Jimmy Bobbitt, Capital Jay, Jim Titus, Cassandra Kubinski, Sophia Wu, Gerry Rosenthal, Tim Hall, Tom Mullica, David Madison, Joey Buttafuoco, Jaime McCaig, William Modeste, Daniel Rodriguez, Samuel Tyson, Vince Giordano, Gregory Singer, Dean Pratt, Kerry MacKillop, Harvey Tibbs, Jack Stuckey, Mark Lopeman, Marc Phaneuf, Larry Wade, Conal Fowkes, Matt Munisteri, John Sullivan, Ron Morgan, Alison Folland, Alex Trebek, , Chris M. Allport, Brett Barsky, Alexander Conti, Joe Crosson, Gina Diaz, Jessica Leshnower, Randi Rosenholtz, Gus Van Santshow all
“Finding Forrester” Quotes 18 quotes
“- William Forrester: You don't know a goddamn thing about reason; There are no reasons! Reasons why some of us live and why some of us don't! Fortunately for you, you have decades to figure that out!
- Jamal Wallace: Yeah, and what's the reason in having a file cabinet full of writing and keeping the shit locked so nobody can read it? What is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The key to a woman's heart is an unexpected gift at an unexpected time.”
“An expression is worth a thousand words. Perhaps in your case, just two.”
“- Jamal: We've been talking about your book at school.
- Forrester: People have been talking about it for years. They just haven't been saying anything.
- Jamal: I think I got it down, though. I figure you were writing about how life never works out.
- Forrester: Really? You had to read a book to figure that out?”
- Jamal Wallace: You said that my skills reached "farther" than basketball. "Farther" relates to distance, "further" is a definition of degree. You should have said "further".
- Prof. Robert Crawford: Are you challenging me, Mr. Wallace?
- Jamal Wallace: Not any more than you challenged Coleridge.
“- Jamal Wallace: Did you ever enter a writin' contest?
- William Forrester: Yeah, once.
- Jamal Wallace: Did you win?
- William Forrester: Well of course I won!
- Jamal Wallace: You win like money or somethin'?
- William Forrester: No.
- Jamal Wallace: Well, whadchu win?
- William Forrester: The Pulitzer.”
“The rest of those who have gone before us cannot steady the unrest of those to follow.”
- William Forrester: Paragraph three starts...with a conjunction, "and." You should never start a sentence with a conjunction.
- Jamal Wallace: Sure you can.
- William Forrester: No, it's a firmrule.
- Jamal Wallace: No, it was a firmrule. Sometimes using a conjunction at the start of a sentence makes it stand out. And that may be what the... (continue)(continue reading)
“Whatever we write in this apartment stays in this apartment.”
“- Jamal Wallace: I ain't seen nothing change.
- William Forrester: You ain't seen nothing? What the hell kind of sentence is that?”