Achievement quotes112 achievement quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm tired of living without really living. I'm tired of wanting things. We can't have a lot of things. But we could have this.”
“Nothing happens until I make it happen.”
“All my life I've wanted to be somebody. But I see now I should have been more specific.”
“People don't always tell you what they are thinking. They just see to it that you don't advance in life.”
“My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success. She said that 'achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you. Success is being praised by others, and that's nice, too, but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success'.”
“- Elizabeth Marston: What we want can never happen.
- William Moulton Marston: Why not?
- Elizabeth Marston: Because the world won't let it.
- William Moulton Marston: The world can't stop us.”
“The important thing is the effort, not what we achieve.”
“Err, if you want to achieve in this life, you must set your goals higher.”
“- Jack: There's gonna be some things that you are going to be able to get, that other people in the office don't get... one of them: Gym membership.
- Alison Scott: You want me to lose weight?”
“We are going to get one of the three R's: the roof, the river, or the revolver.”
“- Karl Zielinski: Mary, a person with an engineer's mind should be an engineer. You can't be a computer the rest of your life.
- Mary Jackson: Mr. Zielinski, I'm a negro woman. I'm not gonna entertain the impossible.
- Karl Zielinski: And I'm a Polish Jew whose parents died in a Nazi prison camp. Now I'm standing beneath a spaceship that's going...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- President Dedmon: Jack, I may not know football, but I have dealt with the NCAA. They like their rules, and the biggest one is freshmen are not allowed to play intercollegiate athletics.
- Jack Lengyel: That's why you're gonna get them to make an exception.
- President Dedmon: How am I supposed to...
- Jack Lengyel: Explain it to them. We...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Honestly I don't know if I have my own dream, but I do know that I can help others fulfill theirs.”
“- Sabrina Peterson: How'd you get involved in this, Sam? Willy wanted to get rid of Beekman and he thought you could get the job done?
- Sam Smotherman: Something like that.
- Sabrina Peterson: But you botched the fire in college. What made him think you'd get it right this time?
- Sam Smotherman: I was the only bad guy he knew...”
“Look son, if you want something real bad, I mean you really want it, you've got to go out where you can find it and grab it.”
“You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.”
“To achieve anything great in life you must be willing to make a sacrifice.”
“All it takes is heat and pressure to turn a rock into a diamond.”
“I grew up thinking that whatever I wanted to do, I could do.”
“Let me know when your whole life goes up in smoke. Means it's time for a promotion.”