“K-19: The Widowmaker” quotes(2002)
Plot – The movie tells the true story of the first Russian nuclear submarine. During its maiden voyage in the North Atlantic Ocean in 1961, K-19 has an accident. The crew of the submarine, led by Captain Zateyev, makes a race against time to prevent a nuclear explosion.
All actors – Sam Spruell, Peter Stebbings, Christian Camargo, Roman Podhora, Sam Redford, Steve Nicolson, Liam Neeson, Ravil Isyanov, Tim Woodward, Lex Shrapnel, Shaun Benson, Kris Holden-Riedshow all
“K-19: The Widowmaker” Quotes 10 quotes
“For their courage I nominated these men for the title of hero of the Soviet Union. But the committee ruled that because it was not wartime, and because it was merely an accident, they were not worthy of the title of hero. What good are honors from such people? These men sacrificed, not for a medal. But because when the time came, it was their...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We deliver, or we drown.”
“- Captain Alexei Vostrikov: How bad is it?
- Lt. Vadim Radtchinko: The leak is in the sealed area. There's no way to get to it. The temperature will keep rising 'til it reaches 1,000 degrees, and...
- Captain Alexei Vostrikov: And? And what?
- Lt. Vadim Radtchinko: No one knows.”
“- Dr. Gennadi Savran: I don't know the first thing about radiation sickness.
- Captain Alexei Vostrikov: Please...
- Dr. Gennadi Savran: I'm giving them aspirin. And I'm trying to prevent those who are dying from irradiating those of us who still have some hope.
- Captain Alexei Vostrikov: Pull yourself together. You're an officer in the Soviet...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Capt. Mikhail Polenin: They'll send you to the Gulag, like your father.
- Captain Alexei Vostrikov: Well, it's a family tradition, isn't it?”
“No captain in the soviet navy has ever been faced with such decisions the fate of the boat, the crew, and the fate of the world all in balance. The navy is my life. And one thing I know, there can only be one captain of a ship. The burden of command is on his shoulders, and his alone. None of you, none of you, has the right to judge captain...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Seven are now dead and nobody knows how many more are dying, or how fast. These are the men who returned home to be interrogated as if a crime had been committed, questioned, even while undergoing treatment for radiation poisoning, locked up and denied access to wives and families but they and their comrades saved K-19 and maybe, just maybe,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“In American propaganda you will see how everyone has a car, nice clothes, a nice apartment. But you will never see the truth behind this lie. You will not see police dogs attacking strikers and demonstrators for civil rights. You will not see the beggars on the streets, the homeless, the negro-shantytowns in the south. You will not see the...” (continue)(continue reading)