Progress quotes74 progress quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Sexy Beast
“- Aitch: With this pill, they say you take it and that's it. Your hair don't grow, you don't go bald, it stays the same. You have your hair cut once, in whatever style you want, and it stays like that for the rest of your natural life. It's completely revolutionary.
- Jackie: What if you get fed up with your style, you berk?
- Aitch: Well,...” (continue)(continue reading)
- La trovi in History of Cinema in Quotes
“As sophisticated as the technology gets, the less sophisticated you have to become as an actor.”
- From the movie: Avalon
“If I knew things would no longer be, I would have tried to remember better.”
- From the movie: Dinner at Eight
“- Kitty Packard: Do you know that the guy says that machinery is going to take the place of every profession?
- Carlotta Vance: Oh, my dear, that's something you need never worry about.”
- From the movie: Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead
“The fact of the matter is by the year 2000 every city will be black. Thanks to the fax, the modem, conference call, federal-fucking express, the beast will be able to conduct his business from his home in the white suburb leaving the city a great wide warzone full of nuclear brothers.”
- From the TV Series: Lost
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”
- From the movie: Inherit the Wind
Progress has never been a bargain. You have to pay for it. Sometimes I think there's a man who sits behind a counter and says, "All right, you can have a telephone, but you lose privacy and the charm of distance. Madam, you may vote but at a price: you lose the right to retreat behind the powder puff or your petticoat. Mister, you may conquer... (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Performance
“Business is business and progress is progress.”
- From the movie: Performance
“- Harry Flowers: The world's a dodgy place, my friends, I can't help that. But, we've got progress. Look at the Yanks!
- Dennis: The new world.”
- From the movie: Star Trek: Insurrection
“Our technological abilities are not apparent because we have chosen not to employ them in our daily lives. We believe that when you create a machine to do the work of a man, you take something away from the man.”
- From the movie: Sleepy Hollow
- From the movie: The Bank Dick
“There are a great many chances for advancement. Who knows? Within a short time, you may become my Vice President. My first and only vice.”
- From the movie: Atomic Blonde
You can't un-fuck what's been fucked. You know, a beautiful Italian girl once said to me, "David, you can't unfuck what's been fucked". Women are always getting in the way of progress, aren't they?
- From the movie: Vantage Point
“The beauty of American arrogance is that they can't imagine a world where they're not a step ahead.”
- From the movie: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- From the movie: Carrington
“- Lytton Strachey: I know it was an obscene and ridiculous war, but, I suppose its quite convenient to have one.
- Lady Ottoline Morrell: Now we shall see some real progress, Lytton. We're on the threshold of a golden age.
- Lytton Strachey: You know, Ottili, given the circumstances, I really think we ought to dance.”
- From the movie: Modern Times
“If you wish to keep ahead of your competitor, you cannot afford to ignore the importance of the Billows Feeding Machine.”
- From the movie: Self/less
“There is no science, no progress, without sacrifice.”
- From the movie: The Long Good Friday
“Our country's not an island any more. This is the decade in which London will become Europe's capital, having cleared away the out-dated. We've got mile after mile or acre after acre of land for our future prosperity. No other city in the world has got, right at its centre, such an opportunity for profitable progress.”
- From the movie: Antitrust
“It's just a matter of time before someone borrows your technology, improves it and makes a billion dollars on it.”
- From the movie: Barton Fink
“I don't like to discuss works in progress. If I let the words tumble out prematurely, it changes it, and I may never get it back.”
- From the movie: Dope
“Soon the world is only going to buy and sell products using bitcoins.”
- From the movie: The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp
- From the movie: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
“- Harry Osborn: You are experimenting on people in there.
- Donald Menken: Progress has its stepping stones.”
- From the movie: Charlie Chan at the Race Track