Helplessness quotes67 helplessness quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“If there's one thing I know, you can't control evil. You can lock it up, burn it, and bury it, and pray that it dies, but it never will. It just... rests awhile. You can lock your doors, and say your prayers, but the evil is out there... waiting. And maybe, just maybe... it's closer than you think!”
“I used to be someone who knew a lot. No one asks for my opinion or advice anymore. I miss that. I used to be curious and independent and confident. I miss being sure of things. There's no peace in being unsure of everything all the time. I miss doing everything easily. I miss being a part of what's happening. I miss feeling wanted. I miss my...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Joe Bowers: I just need you to tell me how to get to the time machine.
- Frito: Oh, that's easy. You go down by the museum and stuff… it's like it's like, by the museum... sort of but… actually, not really. More like on the street, you go… Wait, let me start over. Okay, you know where the time machine is?”
“In your unhappiness you reached out your hand for help and in my loneliness I took it.”
“I've called everybody I know and a lot of people I don't, and begged, fucking begged for a job, a lead, anything!”
“Let them know that if they let go of that hand, you will die. We must shame them into sending help.”
“- Nick: Aren't you gonna do something?
- Travis: What are you talkin' to me for? She's the one with the gun.”
“- Julian: I was wondering if I could stay at home tonight. I'd just really like to wake up and know where the hell I am for once, it'll be a nice change of pace for me.
- Benjamin Wells: I can't do that.
- Julian: I wouldn't ask, it's just my options are really kinda limited right now.
- Benjamin Wells: Julian, we've been through this a hundred...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Kate McTiernan: Somebody help me. My name is Kate! I'm Kate McTiernan! I'm a doctor at the Carolina Regional Medical Center. I need help! I know you can hear me. Come on! Who's out there? Somebody help. My name is Kate McTiernan. Somebody talk to me! Who is out there?
- Naomi Cross: My name is Naomi Cross. I've been here for 8 days, I think.”
“This is when I know I'm helpless. My hands are down there on the bed. I can't put them on again without calling to somebody for help. I can't smoke a cigarette or read a book. If that door should blow shut, I can't open it and get out of this room. I'm as dependent as a baby that doesn't know how to get anything except to cry for it.”
- Sam Spade: You won't need much of anybody's help. You're good. Chiefly your eyes, I think, and that throb you get in your voice when you say things like "Be generous, Mr. Spade".
- Brigid O'Shaughnessy: I deserve that. But the lie was in the way I said it, not at all in what I said. It's my own fault if you can't believe me now.
“Any fool can ride to glory on a helpless Negro janitor. I'm out for bigger game.”
“The hand of God, reaching down into the mire, couldn't elevate one of them to the depths of degradation!”
- John Klein: You know, when Mary got sick, I couldn't help thinking: "This isn't real. I can stop this. I know I can. I can stop this".
- Connie Mills: No one can stop it, John. Listen to me. Planes are gonna crash. Earthquakes are going to happen. People you know and love are going to die. And no matter what that voice tells you, there's... (continue)(continue reading)
“Suppose you was torn away from your mother when you was just a baby. Nobody to tuck you in at nights. No warm, soft, caressing trunk to snuggle into. How would you like being left out alone, in a cold, cruel, heartless world?”
“- Dr. Gennadi Savran: I don't know the first thing about radiation sickness.
- Captain Alexei Vostrikov: Please...
- Dr. Gennadi Savran: I'm giving them aspirin. And I'm trying to prevent those who are dying from irradiating those of us who still have some hope.
- Captain Alexei Vostrikov: Pull yourself together. You're an officer in the Soviet...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Nothing is going to stop me. I'm going to find out how it feels to be in trouble. Without friends, without credit, without checkbook, without name. Alone.”
“The first time I saw her... she looked so little and helpless. I didn't know babies were so, so little. And then she took a-hold of my finger and I held onto it. She just sort of walked into my heart, Judge.”
“I can't see with this thing on!”
“You don't understand how hard it is. I'm tormented everyday at school. It's like I'm being suffocated, and sure we can sit and fantasize all we want about how things are going to be different one day, but this is today and it sucks. So please just help me. I can't take another day of this, I don't know what I'll do.”
“The woman who was attacked is someone you know? You don't feel very good? It's tough... You always think it only happens to other people, but if it happens to you, you are helplessly lost.”