“My Week With Marilyn” quotes(2011)
All actors – Michelle Williams, Eddie Redmayne, Julia Ormond, Kenneth Branagh, Pip Torrens, Geraldine Somerville, Michael Kitchen, Miranda Raison, Karl Moffatt, Simon Russell Beale, Toby Jones, Robert Portalshow all
“My Week With Marilyn” Quotes 18 quotes
“First love is such sweet despair, Colin.”
“All people ever see is Marilyn Monroe. As soon as they realize I'm not her, they run.”
“Remember boy, when it comes to women, you're never too old for humiliation.”
“- Marilyn Monroe: Do you know I've been married three times already? How did that happen?
- Colin Clark: You were just looking for the right man.
- Marilyn Monroe: They always look right at the start.”
“I want this to be the perfect date. I haven't had a real date since I was 13-years-old.”
“My father was a world-famous art historian, and my brother was ahead of me in everything. I was always the disappointment.”
“I had everything to prove to my family. But I had more to prove to myself.”
“I think directing a movie is the best job ever created, but Marilyn has cured me of ever wanting to do it again.”
“- Milton Greene: That's what she does, she breaks hearts. She'll break yours.
- Colin Clark: I don't want your advice.”
“- Sir Laurence Olivier: She's quite wonderful. No training, no craft, no guile, just pure instinct. Astonishing.
- Colin Clark: You should tell her that.
- Sir Laurence Olivier: Oh, I will. But she won't believe me. That's probably what makes her great, yet it's certainly what makes her so profoundly unhappy.”
“- Marilyn Monroe: You think I'm crazy?
- Colin Clark: I just meant you could be happy.
- Marilyn Monroe: I am happy.
- Colin Clark: Of course you're happy. You're the biggest star in the world.”
“- Lucy: Did she break your heart?
- Colin Clark: A little.
- Lucy: Good, it needed breaking.”
“- Marilyn Monroe: Don't forget me.
- Colin Clark: As if I could.”